ScubaPro C - Zip Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TightLines

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have experience with the Scubapro C-Zip wetsuits? I'm hearing that while a little bit more of a hassle to don/doff they're significantly warmer than a standard 3mm. I've recently started getting very cold underwater and would like to buy a "good" 3mm. I tried a search and didn't come up with much and given the price tag on them I'd like to get some opinions.

SCUBAPRO - EVERFLEX C- ZIP

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like unchartered waters. Surprising given that it's a new take on the venerable wetsuit in the diving world (design taken from surfing). Maybe I'll just have to be the one that takes the plunge on this one and reports back.

I've got the 3mm C-Zip and have used it on a couple of trips now. Very comfortable, not that difficult to get on thanks to the stretchy nature of the neoprene, and nice and warm. If you are after a warm 3mm, check out the Fourth Element Proteus. I have been diving one for years and had hundreds of dives on it (it finally started to give up the ghost), and it was super-warm. I also have the 5mm version.

Cheers

Mark

They are definately warmer, but harder to don. Personally, I prefer the back zip.

However, there are a number of divers & surfers that love the C-zip.

Problem with the 4th Element suit is that they are hard to find here in the States.
No one carries stock in them, & they have to be brought in from 4th Element.
I tried to buy 1 last week.
1 online place told me that to get a 5mm Proteus would take a month,
It might be a great suit, but good is it if you can't get 1.
I went with the Scuba Pro C Zip...

Anyone have experience with the Scubapro C-Zip wetsuits? I'm hearing that while a little bit more of a hassle to don/doff they're significantly warmer than a standard 3mm. I've recently started getting very cold underwater and would like to buy a "good" 3mm. I tried a search and didn't come up with much and given the price tag on them I'd like to get some opinions.

SCUBAPRO - EVERFLEX C- ZIP

Thanks for your help.
How old is your suit? Often, just a new suit will make all the difference. I often find great deals at the LDS at the end of the normal season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom