Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In Oct. I will be passing through Guam on my way to Yap and will have time for 2 dives.any information on diving there or reliable dive ops would be appreciated.

Bearing in mind that I haven't lived on Guam for quite some time, but keep up with the local dive community, I would recommend MDA and would do either the Tokai Maru/SMS Cormorran or Blue Hole for the local dives. The Tokai dive is interesting in that you get to dive on a WWII wreck and a WWI wreck in the same dive--the only place in the world where this is possible.

just got back from GUAM on Sat. if you want to dive contact MDA ( Micronesia Dive Association). I always try to schedule a trip with them when I'm out there. they run a morning boat on the weekdays and morning and afternoon on the weekends.

they cater to tour groups so there will be Japanese tourist on the boat, but just dive your own dive and you'll be fine. logistics kept me from diving this last trip, but the last time out I dove the tokia maru and the sea bee junk yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is a place I've always wanted to go, too. Looking forward to reading this thread. As a retired military member, I've heard good things about Guam. I'm sure I could get some reasonable rates at the base.
I believe there are even some space-A flights from AZ or San Diego, which I've never tried before. Has anybody ever flown space-A to Guam?

I lived on Guam for over fourty years. I dove most of those years. MDA is a good company to use but there are other options. You can go down to the boat basin and find a charter boat. Those guys all know all the dive spots that are not in the harbor and many are free to make a deal that suites you both. If the weather is too rough on the northern end you can visit the southern boat harbors in Agat or even all the way down south in Mallesso (Merizo). If you are a good diver there are many great dives not on the commercial dive boat list. You could ask around a bit a find a few very good dives that don't require a boat at all. The wreck dives in the harbor can be nice but visibility in the harbor is not as good as outside and sometimes very poor. The dives closer to the mouth of the channel will have the clearest water. Finger Reef or the American Tanker are out there. The Coral Gardens in Agat is very nice if you can get there. Good luck and have a great time. Guam is a great place to dive!

Adventure-Ocean.com

Looks like you are on a 24 hour layover, so that would likely leave out Tokai Maru and Blue Hole as they can get deep. Gab Gab Beach and Agat Coral Gardens are shallow.

Does anyone have any recommendations for high end accom or live-aboards in guam? I've read some people say to get on a live-aboard out of Palau, but that seems a very long way to me to go by boat.. It's not for me, it's for a friend but they only travel in luxury

Thanks!

I do not think there is any dive livaboards in Guam. Not really a dive location like Palau or Chuuk, but a place where you can do a few dives. Most of the accommodation that I have seen is pretty good (at least by my standards!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom