Diving the James C. King in Tobermory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove it last summer. No, not much left of it, but the Roman Numerals for draft depth are just so cool. Thanks for sharing. Vis sure was nice on your dive.

The roman numerals were the highlight. Really unique feature that makes the wreck a must dive in that area.

King.jpg

James C King :)

I have never had visibility as good as you had in Tobermory.......but this year I have not been up and several reports of fabulous vis have been posted :sad:......hopefully next year.

I have never had visibility as good as you had in Tobermory.......but this year I have not been up and several reports of fabulous vis have been posted :sad:......hopefully next year.

Scuba Steve,
If you are referring to the apparent vis in my picture, it is a little deceptive. I was MUCH closer to the wreck than it would seem from the picture. It is actually a composite of 14 individual pictures to make the panorama. The pictures were taken about 15 to 20 feet from the wreck. They were then stitched together and Photoshop was used remove the "fisheye-like" distortion and cropped and tilted so that the photo would fit in a rectangle. As you know the wreck is actually on an incline from 20 to 90 feet of depth. The panorama makes it look like it is flat and level on the bottom.

However, I like the photo.

Back
Top Bottom