Gloves and boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds912

Registered
Reaction score
When diving off california my hands and feet are always cold. I use a 7mil suit, any suggestions for gloves and boots

During the summer I use tropical gloves (1 mil) but, when the temperature in the winter drops to the mid to low 50's I switch to 5 mil gloves, and I've never had my hands feel cold.

As for boots ... mine are nothing special and I've never felt cold. Some of the folks I dive with say that the hard sole boots are warmer, and easier for the long walks that are part of beach diving.

rds912:
When diving off california my hands and feet are always cold. I use a 7mil suit, any suggestions for gloves and boots

If you are diving with a 7mm suit and you are still cold, then you are an excellent candidate for a drysuit.

Once you get your drysuit, then you can layer your feet with thin gortex sox covered with thick woolen skiing sox. Thats what I do, and my feet are toasty warm inside my drysuit.

This is a common problem and question.

First, what hood are you wearing?

You will loose LOTS of heat through your head with no hood or one that is too thin or poor fitting.

Old sourdough saying, "If your feet are cold, put on your hat."

A drysuit is a good option but there are a number of other things you can try before committing to the cost in money and added training involved in changing to dry.

When I was diving the CA coast, I used a pair of US Divers 5mm hard-soled boots and WalMart 3mm fishing gloves. Never had cold hands or feet, but I have good circulation in those areas.

Oh, and ditto on the hood, if you're not already using one.

The hood is another important factor in this equation, go for the 5mm, the 7mm strangles you to death...........

Id go for drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom