A Litlle help from my buddys! Hurghada dive centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hpgu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everybody, i´m new in town and new some referencies about dive centre in Hurghada, best dive spots and if its possible a day trip to thilesgorm from that port
thank you so much!:acclaim:

Hi,

There are dozens of off-shore dive locations accessible from Hurghada.
The large Sha'ab El Erg reef for instance has several excellent sites such as Dolphin House and Poseidon Gardens, this reef by itself would keep you busy for a week !
http://www.lighthouse-dc.com/upload/siteImages/hurghada-divesites.jpg
The Thistlegorm is a long way out sorry can't help I have not been out there.

The majority of the dive centers are based at beach front hotels , when you choose a hotel check if they have a dive centre. If they don't most dive centers will pick you up from any other hotel for free. Best is to pre-book your dives to get the online rates.
I like Colona and Aquarius they have very good rates. Check these links here:
Dive Center Reviews | Colona Dive Center | El Gouna | Scuba Diving Reviews | Scubadviser
Scuba Diving Reviews | Dive Shop Reviews | Aquarius Diving Club - Tia Heights | Makadi | Egypt | Freediving

check this one, I know Hisham in person and I can recommend this operation as well:

https://www.facebook.com/diamond.redsea?ref=ts&fref=ts

as for dive sites, shaab el erg is definitely nice, though a little bit remote so you will not find many centers heading there regularly.
Most of the time you will find yourself heading to giftun islands, I can recommend the small giftun drift in the early morning (they call it the police station dive), you will head to gutta abu ramada ( I would recommend a north to south drift on the east side, it is a shallow one but wonderful), between the small giftun and big giftun there are many sites, I recommend sabina drift (again shallow but the best near hurghada in my opinion)...

these are the ones that if I head there I would choose to do, however other sites are nice as well especially if it is your first time.

Thank you so much!! my hotel is Iberotel Aquamarine, so you know wich dive centre is located there? thanks again :egypt:

well, this is quiet far from city center and I would suggest to use the one located in the hotel to avoid long rides.... saying that, I tried to find out which operator has the center there but it doesn't seem to be an easy task !
I suggest contacting the hotel to get the dive center contacts.
Just in case you arrived to the hotel and there was no dive center or you don't like their operation or whatever reason not to use them, I still suggest looking to the one next-door hotel !

Hi,

The Aquamarine is located south of Hurghada, to my knowledge there is no on-site dive centre. Colona Divers Hurghada are at the Magawish Swiss Inn about 5 minutes drive from Aquamarine. The dive boat would leave from their own pier. There will be few divers now and the dive sites will be chosen on the day. You would want to contact them and get confirmation they are open for business.

Happy diving.

Check this out:
HURGHADA

this is my website with all the dive operators that are registered by the authorities... Last time I checked there was 165 dive centres in Hurghada and of those a dozen is OK and a handful are good. Stay away from the **** operators and the **** equals cheap. There are a few hints as what to think of when choosing a dive operator in the Red Sea in an article I wrote in The Equalizer Issue #9 (THE EQUALIZER)

Cheers
Anders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom