RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no direct interactions with her and still based on my observations i always respected her and viewed her posts and actions with high regard... it saddens me to read this news... i can only imagine how those who knew her feel... my condolences all around

I'm shocked beyond belief... we were just in touch a little while ago, it's hard to believe she's gone.
I met Marcia when I first moved to Phuket 5.5 years ago -- she always seemed to be on the same boats as me and my instructor, and even when I was diving for fun.
Even there, while she was working with a student(s), she was a huge help with any questions I had about diving, and even more so regarding living in Phuket as an expat. It actually can be a bit of a tough go, even in "paradise," but she successfully and happily navigated her way in that respect as well.
She was a lovely, lovely woman who was so generous with her time and her knowledge.
Scubaboard has suffered a great loss along with her family and close friends.
I'll miss her.
Sincerest condolences to all.

not since the passing of Rob Davies has one affected me quite this profoundly.

I said exactly the same thing to my wife today. (there I go crying again)

I exchanged some mails with Rob's wife after he died and she had no idea how well respected or admired he was by the people here. I think she realised that all the hours spent "talking to strangers" on the internet really meant a lot to him and to us.

I certainly hope that Marcia's family gets the opportunity to see how many people's lives Marcia touched and how much she'll genuinely be missed by people spread all over the globe.

R..

So devastatingly sad.... I have read and reread so many of her posts and learned so much from her. I always hoped I would some day make it to Thailand to dive with her.

RIP Quero

All of my love and good thoughts to Marcia's family.

Big Jet Driver was before my time, but I know his final dive buddy very well. He was well respected. As was Quero. I still am very sad.

I never met Marcia in person but we interacted here on SB quite a bit. When I found out about this I was totally speechless and I still really don't know what to say.
She was a class act, eloquent, intelligent, and always had time to help. Any time I had a question she was always my go to person. I highly respected her and I considered her a mentor.

She will be sorely missed. :(

Words fail me... and those few that do come to mind have already been eloquently stated above.

I'll only add to the observations that Marcia was one of those people whom, while you didn't really know them, you felt like you did. And you could also tell that if ever you did get to actually meet her... that you would like her.

Rest In Peace

A very sad loss. Condolences and prayers. :(

I am really saddened / shocked to hear this. I never met Q but was actually in the process of writing to her to discuss a possible group trip to Thailand. She was one of the most knowledgeable people on that region and I would have benefited greatly from her expertise and desire to help lost souls. My condolences to her friends and family.

RIP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom