Kind of a Fundies report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In some ways it feels as though I am starting something new. Because of the knowledge and experience I've gained during and since Fundies, I feel like I am now more capable of adding more to my diving - more tasks, more team awareness, more communication.

... while at the same time adding tons of fun :)

Congratulations Lisa - Great job!

... and wrt. "bribes" Bob drinks some "Fru-Fru Latte Machiatto w/ extra caramel and whip cream" Starbucks concoction :D

Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Congratulations, sweetie. I know how hard you worked for this. And a big congratulations to Mario. So darn proud of you BOTH!!!

I agree about the food offerings to the Gods as well as to my dive buddies. :D

Did you know during your Fundies class, Bob was trying to stir the pot and text me, "Rumors are flowing that Lisa might knock off Scubaboard Sam as the Queen of Scuba Snacks :). Better get cracking"

To which I text back, "Hahaha! Grasshopper has exceeded her teacher and I am fine with that!!"

I have the text on my phone to show you the next time I see you but this thread seems a perfect place to out Bob. :wink:

I am thrilled you had such a positive experience with class. Bob is the first to say he is not perfect nor will he ever be perfect, although I think in the water, he is pretty darn near perfect. Dives are so much more enjoyable and relaxing with a team that actually dives as a team and not the same water buddy team mentality.

When are we diving together again, girlie? And drag that hubby along with ya now that he breathes compressed gas.

Thanks, Sam! I've had a wonderful virtual (and sometimes in person) support team to help me get the most out of the class. You, Henrik, Sox, Chan, Karen, Lewis have all helped me so much.

We're still hoping to get to Florida in January and will be so happy to see you and dive with you! You were one of the awesome divers I mentioned earlier. Diving with you, Sox, and Eugene, was just what I needed to fill in the missing piece in the GUE puzzle.

Bob sent you that text right in front of me. But don't you remember what he said to me on the disastrous Day 3?

I agree about dives being more enjoyable when you have a team that's working together as it should. Same day, same water was partly what drove me to solo diving, and getting a taste of real team diving is what me brought me back. I haven't been solo diving since Primer in April. I like to say that I'm six months "clean." :wink:

... while at the same time adding tons of fun :)

Congratulations Lisa - Great job!

... and wrt. "bribes" Bob drinks some "Fru-Fru Latte Machiatto w/ extra caramel and whip cream" Starbucks concoction :D

Thanks, Henrik! It's been great having you on my virtual team! Funny you should mention Bob's drink because the last time he and Mario had class, I went for a coffee run and got him something very like that.

Bob sent you that text right in front of me. But don't you remember what he said to me on the disastrous Day 3?

:idk: No, I don't recall what he said. I am blaming my bad memory on my advanced age. :-(

I just got an email from GUE that my card is being printed and will be mailed soon! I have never before worked so hard to pass a course, any course, including college chemistry!

---------- Post added October 11th, 2013 at 07:38 AM ----------

:idk: No, I don't recall what he said. I am blaming my bad memory on my advanced age. :-(

Ha ha! Don't tell me you're an LOL in training too!

It's so much fun diving with Mario who just finished his GUE Rec 1 course with Bob. And it's especially interesting to compare diving with him to diving with other new divers. Here's a snippet of a recent post-dive conversation:

Me: That was a fun dive.

DH: Well, it could have been better.

Me: What do you mean?

DH: Our S-drill should have been smoother.

Me: Oh, I thought it went well, maybe a bit rushed.

DH: And we weren't hitting our deco stops in precisely 30 seconds. We were too slow. We have to practice that more.

After another dive, he chastised me for lagging slightly behind where he couldn't easily see me. It's nice to have a well-trained, thinking buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom