RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, so sad, I just learned this news moments ago as I just opened up SB. Marcia will be missed on SB and the dive community in general, my deepest sympathies go out to her family. I still can't believe this, although we only met once at MIDE in KL, I feel like I knew her well from all her post on SB and all her efforts to help me out.

We lost a good one, may she rest in peace.....:depressed:

My sincere condolences. I am so sad to hear this; she was the first person I got to know in this forum. And she was special lady indeed. RIP Quero. :(

R.I.P. Quero!!! I never got to meet her, but if I saw she had posted in a thread I would always read what she wrote. She just seemed to have a great way of answering people's questions and sharing her knowledge.

Wow, I just saw this. This is so sad. I will truly miss her.

This is getting freaky. I was supposed to meet a lady in August last year who'd built up an animal shelter almost with her own two hands. This shelter had and still has a good few hundreds of unwanted animals. She died of leukemia about 2 weeks before I was to fly over to help with surgeries.

And now Marcia? Was supposed to meet her in Phuket for some diving and coaching. :(

What's on my mind right now? Australia! I'm going to Sydney in a couple of weeks! Opera House? Been there. Bridge climb? Done that. So what's my plan? Gonna look for the weedy sea dragon in the wild —
Qs-Ha2XZpNj.png
feeling excited.

One of her last posts on Facebook. I hope she got her wish. :(

Thank you Quero for your contributions to this Board and your many friends. You will be missed..
Condolences to her family and friends. May time ease the pain that no words can.

Marian,
Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Marcia - Go dté tú slán i gcomhluadar Dé !

Last edited:
I am saddened to hear about Quero. Whether Marcia was your guide in person or your virtual web dive buddy she never steered you wrong. Hers was the voice I would refer to when I wanted to learn about travel & diving advice. Wise, caring, big hearted how can we all not have felt she was our best friend. My prayers for her, her family, her friends & all of us who knew her on Scubaboard. I am sorry also to all the future Scubaboard subscribers who will not get a chance to know her. She was & always will be very special.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom