People do the darnedest things

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think there is a big difference in an instructor diving with his son and a Grandfather diving with his Grandson on his "2nd respirator" (Octo).

Yes, I agree. Sometimes what is very good thinking for one person is unbelievably stupid for another.

Breaking rules and standards may not result in automatic tragedy, Hell, it may not have anything but a fun result, but you're just teaching your kid that regulations and safety protocols should be followed, unless it becomes inconvenient. My daughter was on scuba at 9, with her SDI Future Buddy training. And she was taught to obey her limits. Not to adjust them at will, because she thinks it is cool. Either you model following guidelines and rules, or you teach your kids that they don't apply to all for safety's sake. And it wasn't any safer, when my Daddy let me drive and change gears when I was 4. Just because you did it and didn't have anything bad happen, doesn't make it a wise choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom