DEMA 2013 Anybody going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were going to go as we haven't been to DEMA Show in a few years! We have another meeting in Tampa to attend at the same time but thought we could squeeze in a day on the 6th!
I could be wrong but I thought we paid $60 each and we use to bring the staff to shows and they would help us determine what gear we wanted to carry. WOW!! The show price is $155 per person for a NON member. No discounts except Saturday!

In our case we would pay $310 for the show for 1 day or pay $40 per hour to see gear!

Last edited:
They do not want me, so I do not want them.
I get it.
The average SCUBA diver in this country is 45 or something higher.
Not to turn this into a bash DEMA thread, but things are not as good as they ought to be.
25 years ago divers were a lot younger.
I guess we stopped recruiting.
Chug
More lobsters for me this way.

Won't be able to make it this year unfortunately. I thought about maybe flying up for a day, but if Saturday is the only 1 day pass they do then there's no way i'll be able to make it. Went last year and had an absolute blast! Maybe next year

It's $155/day with Saturday being $60.

I doubt now that I am going. As much as I wanted to go, I just can't swing that $$$ plus gas and food for one day.

I was planning on going since I'm looking for some scooters and I have not gone to DEMA for a couple of years now. I had the limo set up, a bunch of comped tickets for the Saturday show-and-shell out - all I had to do was show up with pants on.
But ever since the HCT has been canceled, I've noticed that the sunshine is a little less bright, water tastes a little flatter, and the days are getting shorter, so I passed. I'll bet if I went up to Lake Woebegon, all the kids would seem a little below-average too.
It's probably that nasty runoff water from Lake Okeechobee causing all of this.

made my plans and registered yesterday. I'm leaving Miami at 3:15 Friday heading for the la quinta convention center in Orlando and spending Saturday meeting and looking at stuff. I have room in the car on the way up Friday and back on Saturday after the show.

Ill be there re-upping my oceanic, sherwood, mares and tusa reg repair certs. Looking at dry suits too

Following the runaway success of last year’s EDGE/HOG industry party, company officials are pleased to announce this year’s event (which will likely be bigger and better and co-sponsored with NAUI) will be Wednesday evening November 6 at the HOOCH BAR in downtown Orlando.

According to Chris Richardson of EDGE/HOG Gea...r, “This party is our opportunity to offer a fun activity complete with great food and drink in a unique social setting. There is no entrance fee. There will be free beer and plenty of other DEMA attendees looking for a fun time.”

Richardson said that all interested DEMA attendees would need to come by the EDGE/HOG DEMA booth (1667) or the NAUI booth (659) and pick up a wristband for admittance to the event. The evening’s festivities are slated to begin at 7:30.

For more details, contact EDGE/HOG at 404 579 7631

---------- Post added October 23rd, 2013 at 05:13 PM ----------

I am threatening to wear a jacket and tie to this. I have nice new silver paisley tie I have not worn yet. It'll look good with my black edge button down and new Marc Anthony sport coat!

TSandM and I are arriving Tuesday afternoon and will be leaving very early Saturday morning. My primary purpose is to try to find out what the PADI OW course changes really are. I wouldn't be surprised if we try to crash the Hog party.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom