Lannon Query Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prep4uuww

Registered
Reaction score
:wink: I'm brand new to scubaboard...well not really I just finally registered. I am looking for a dive buddy to show me Lannon Query this weekend, Sat. afternoon maybe? Anyone interested?

I haven't been there this year, but I was there last year around this time. The viz was, well, pretty bad. 4 or 5 feet, max.

JacobsonC2:
how is the viz there anyways? last time i was there was under the ice in feb and the viz was about 5 ft.

Here's the funny thing... I was looking for a dive buddy and I got three replies about how the viz was. Anyone in the Milwaukee Area want to log a dive this week? at any lake besides that huge one they call "Lake Michigan"?

Prep4uuww:
Here's the funny thing... I was looking for a dive buddy and I got three replies about how the viz was. Anyone in the Milwaukee Area want to log a dive this week? at any lake besides that huge one they call "Lake Michigan"?
Earlier in the spring/summer Deep Blue in Milwaukee was doing Tuesday night "fun dives" at Lannon with anyone who showed up. You may want to contact them and see if they are still doing them.

matt t.:
Earlier in the spring/summer Deep Blue in Milwaukee was doing Tuesday night "fun dives" at Lannon with anyone who showed up. You may want to contact them and see if they are still doing them.

:god: Well this afternoon we took on Lannon!! Here's the results... Water temp at the surface at 78 degree's. Thermo Cline was about 22-25 feet (ask me how I could tell I dove it without my hood :11: ) And here's the scoop on the vis and just general thought's 0-20 feet vis sucked ranged from 3-4 feet. when you hit below 20 it opens up and it's dark but the vis was roughly 8-12 feet seriously the deeper you go the clearer it got!! of course me not diving with a hood limited our dive to 42' hehe I was freezing. Here's the thing's I like. Best dive platform's I've ever seen by far! The shelfs of rocks make for some great diving we followed one for about 20 min. and it was awesome. there were cables leading down but I didn't decent to dang cold (next time thou) it's a non motorized lake, we anchored the dive flag and swam around with no worries. over all a great afternoon!! Looking forward to diving it again...with my hood :wink:

Back
Top Bottom