Go Pro Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KB3UBW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What Go Pro accessories do y'all use while diving? What mounts and other accessories do y'all have for other stuff? What are the basics I should get with my Go Pro? And final question, how do y'all store/transport your Go Pro, and other related gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I use the headstrap with mine. Put your good on, pull it back over the top of your head, put the gopro on and then put the hood back over it. That way the go pro is under your hood and no chance of losing it. Have a play to make sure you get the right angle. :)

Count on needing a red filter and maybe an external light depending on what you are doing. Besides that there really isn't much else. Don't know about the basics you will need to "eat". I store and transport my camera in the housing. Pretty much just throw it in with other gear. They're not exactly fragile or anything. Accessories lend themselves more to mounting options outside of the realm of scuba. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Extra batteries are a good idea because their battery life is atrocious.

how do y'all store/transport your Go Pro, and other related gear?2

I take mine with me in carry on, 2 reasons, (1) too easy to pilfer and (2) not sure what effect altitude will have, i.e. will air expand at low pressure, escape from the case and result in difficulty opening the case back at sea level. :)

I wrap the camera case (with camera inside, case closed) in bubble wrap and put a rubber band around it, pack it in roll aboard.

As stated, a red filter and lights along with the SRP base/handles for non scooter dives. Which are few and far between, thankfully.:wink: AR15 handle from Mako for a quicky clip on handle when my wife is using the SRP base/handle.

I throw mine in my reg bag when transporting to a boat or beach. I have a pelican case I store lights and camera in for longer surface intervals. I take a save a go pro kit with me and leave it in my boat dive box. It has extra fittings/mounts, double sided sticky pads and extensions incase I break something on a dive. We scooter dive a lot and have broken mounts a few times when going through tight spots.

What Go Pro accessories do y'all use while diving? What mounts and other accessories do y'all have for other stuff? What are the basics I should get with my Go Pro? And final question, how do y'all store/transport your Go Pro, and other related gear?

We offer a wide range of accessories for you Go-Pro.. Filters, lights, trays, handles, head straps, telescopic pole and the standard Go-Pro mounts as well.

Please check out our site:

http://www.makospearguns.com/category-s/45.htm

I'm using an original HD Hero with the Mako flat port. For mounts, I made my own. Pick up the $7 GoPro tripod mount, and use it to attach to whatever works for you - a monopod, pole, etc. It give the GoPro the standard 1/4"-20 threaded insert that you find on regular cameras.

At some point I need to pick up the real GoPro underwater housing before they stop selling them...

I transport mine on land in this: Amazon.com: Plano Protector Four Pistol Case: Sports & Outdoors

Case3.jpg

Case2.jpg

Case1.jpg

To and on boat I was moving it around already assembled with tray but I think I'm going to start to use a small soft sided cooler and put the assembled camera and tray in that for added protection and ease to carry.

I transport mine on land in this: Amazon.com: Plano Protector Four Pistol Case: Sports & Outdoors

Case3.jpg

Case2.jpg

Case1.jpg

To and on boat I was moving it around already assembled with tray but I think I'm going to start to use a small soft sided cooler and put the assembled camera and tray in that for added protection and ease to carry.

If you don't mind, what accessories do you use?
Also, does anybody actually use the floaty backdoor for diving?

For UW, I use an SRP camera tray, SRP red filter, Backscatter Flip 3.1 with 55mm rings, 2 Archon D11V lights and SRP light arms, some diopter/macro lenses, a coil lanyard for securing the camera tray, 2 extra Wasabi batteries and anti-fog inserts. I also have an LCD that I may use once and a while.

The rest of may accessories are for other miscellaneous things like a gorilla pod, grenade grip handle, floaty door for above water use, misc lanyards, battery chargers, polarized lens, misc carbines, zip ties, chest harness, GoPole, replacement o-rings and silicone grease, small tools, etc.

There are endless accessories dependent on your intended uses.

Back
Top Bottom