Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Visiting Malta 27-28 NOV 2013, have own gear ex tks & wts, need recommendation on dive operator and preferred sites. Looking for 2 tk dives/day & boat vrs shore entry. Rescue, 300+ dives. Thx. SS

There are many wrecks around. I think most of the dive centers take their guests to the typical sites, like the Rozi, the P29, the Um El Faroud wrecks. These are easy to access shore dive spots, I like them too, because anybody would enjoy them. I'd recommend a day trip to Gozo, I really like the Blue hole and the Inland sea dive sites' caverns.

I used Dive Systems in Sliema and was very satisfied with their service. I visited a couple of shops in Bugibba and decided not to use them. I asked for some silicon grease and they looked at me like I had a second head or something, then ask why I would need that.

I have dived a few shops in and around Malta. The best is Divewise/Techwise DiveWise Malta Gozo and Comino - PADI, IANTD, DSAT, TDI and Rebreather Diving IMO. They will sort out whatever you need and won't nickel and dime you. What you see on their website is the rate you will be charged. They have a great location (walking distance from Paceville), staff (British/Russian/Spanish/French), and owner/operator.

5 iterations of diving there over the course of a year, and I plan to do more next year. Whomever you choose, happy diving. Malta is a great location.

Back
Top Bottom