Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did two dives with Mubin at Breakwater wall. 10ft vis maybe slightly better in spots and slightly worse in others. Very nice dives. Dropped at #7 and followed the wall out both dives. Saw the biggest Octopus I've ever seen out there. Temp was 53. First dive was a little darker because of a fire. Here's a link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73739720@N00/10286066076/

Went by Monastery. They were shooting a Fiat commercial on the South side and took up most of the parking. Did two at Breakwater today. Kind of green and vis was about 10-12ft. Bunch of Sea Nettles and tons on the boat dock side of the Breakwater. Water temp was 54. Posted a video that is not very good but is meant for conditions report.
Breakwater 323-324 092 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Any nettle action at Lobos this month? Am going on Tuesday, but not sure if I should bother heading out of the cove in search for them or just explore the coves in Coal Chute and stay in the cove prowling for leopard sharks.

Any nettle action at Lobos this month?

I don't know about Lobos, but we were at Pt Joe this morning and there was nary a nettle in sight. Our second dive was at Hopkins, and the nettles were out in force there - a thick layer from about 15-25'. My sense is that they're much more prevalent on the Monterey side of the peninsula.

00 lots of jellies.jpg

Was at Mile Marker 67, just at the northern border of Garrapata State Park. Couldn't see the bottom from the surface but once I got down to 40 feet, I could clearly see the surface. Was quite calm and although I could see at a distance, their was quite a bit of particulates in the water. Kelp bed was not as thick as it was but a month ago. It's nice swimming around large pinnacles so close to shore. It's unfortunate that bringing scuba gear to the shore line presents so much difficulty, but apnea works very well for shallow depths.

Back
Top Bottom