Brockville for a n00b - Oct 26/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temps in St Lawrence are still around 60F (at least they were on the weekend) I would say a wetsuit is plenty suitable at least for this coming weekend. I expect the temps to drop quickly from here on out as the nights have been cooler.

Unfortunately I am out of town this weekend or I would be happy to show you some of the easier dive sites.

Mat.

No. That's probably why I'm so cranky. I've been in Newfoundland for the past two weeks and all this family time is starting to add up. I need some compressed air therapy.

Will get some diving in once I'm off the Rock.

You should have done some diving in Newfoundland... excellent cold-water experience.

---------- Post added October 22nd, 2013 at 03:24 PM ----------

If the OP can get across the border, The Islander behind the hospital in Alexandria Bay is a really nice, easy dive.

Well, if the OP cannot cross the border on his/her own, they are not gonna be diving the Keystorm now are they? LOL

You should have done some diving in Newfoundland... excellent cold-water experience.

My family's on the west coast - I couldn't find a place to get fills and I put out feelers on some NL scuba groups but the west coast doesn't seem to have an active scuba group. It would be different if they were on the eastern portion of the island.

HIJACK

My family's on the west coast - I couldn't find a place to get fills and I put out feelers on some NL scuba groups but the west coast doesn't seem to have an active scuba group. It would be different if they were on the eastern portion of the island.

Anywhere near Gros Morne (I have heard this can be challenging diving but can be well worth it)? I have heard of charters running out of Rocky Harbour however that does not mean the shop is there. I think I might have read about a shop in Corner Brook but it was a while ago so my memory may have failed.

Back on topic, I can attest to the Islander being a fun and very simple dive. I would recommend it to anybody that is new to the area and/or new to diving. The other shore sites I cannot speak on. I can also say that the Keystorm is a great dive however I have to agree that it should be dived with a bit of experience. YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom