Dacor 900 1st stage rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerryw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello everyone,
Real quick primer, I have been diving since 1985 with the same Dacor 900. I have been lurking here for years. I want to rebuild my first stage. I am old school electrician and do my own repairs on most everything. I like to fix stuff. Ok, I"ve heard all the noise, how Dacor is junk this and that, I have hundreds of dives on this gear. This site has a ton of very knowledgeable people so I will seriously consider the advice given. I need the real scoop, inside tips, parts interchange etc. Also what do you think of hooking up a scubapro G250 to this first stage. Thanks so much. Jerry
:coffee:

For a service manual, go to: vintagedoublehose.com
and in turn click on:
Manuals & Catalogs /
Continue /
BLPEN163 /
Dacor Service Manual /
then:
Dacor Regs Vol 2 1st stages Pt 1 .pdf

Mixing brands between first and second stages generally isn't a problem as long as the IPs are compatible.

I would call Billy Black with Force-E SCUBA Centers first, and try to pick his brain.
He is my "go-to-guy" on my old Dacor stuff.
There are also some other folks around that have done some amazing things to keep these old Dacor regs going.
Some things can be done, retrofitted, adjusted, reengineered, some things not with these old regs.
I have been told that some of the Dacor reg models ought to just be retired also.
Chug
Still love my 960.

Thanks for the service manual link, how about a overhaul kit ? Is that a dream and I need to find bits and pieces.
Jerry

The major issue you have is finding the correct HP seat. That reg used 3 different ones (that I know about) and you must use the same one or change a bunch of other parts as well. Those parts parts are even harder to find. The good news is all of the other parts you need are common orings and filters, those are easy to get. The main disphragm is the same one that fits USD/AL regs so they are easy to find. Northeast Scuba supply list some aftermarket Dacor HP seats. Dacor Regulator Parts

The major issue you have is finding the correct HP seat. That reg used 3 different ones (that I know about) and you must use the same one or change a bunch of other parts as well. Those parts parts are even harder to find.

Let me know what parts you need. I'll bet I have them. I know I've got the HP seat.
Drop me a PM. I have a big stock of old Dacor parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom