Seeking Recommenations for Komodo Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kentrueit

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings fellow divers. I will be flying to Labuan Bajo on October 27th. I am wanting to do Komodo Liveaboard for 3 to 5 days. I have a budjet of $ 1000 US dollars and am hoping I can get some recommendations. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Would also like some suggestions for accomodations in Labuan Bajo. Cheers ! Life is always better Wet.

Hi Kentrueit

Many of the Indonesia liveaboard operators have moved from Komodo towards Raja Ampat by that time of year. Our yacht Indo Siren is on its final trip now and looking at schedules for other yachts it appears they are doing the same.
There is the Wicked Diving budget liveaboard Budget Komodo Liveaboard | Komodo | Wicked Diving - we can;t comment on its quality however it may provide an option for you for that time of year and keep within your budget. They also have a centre in Labuan Bajo that offers 2-dive day trips for around 90$. They will likely have accommodation recommendations in Labuan Bajo for you also.

Good luck and enjoy Komodo - last week our divers saw a whale shark at Crystal Rock, more than 30 mantas in Manta Alley and a fin whale whilst cruising to Bima!
best wishes,
Siren Fleet

It is an example of the attitude of everyone at the Siren Fleet that they have posted here in order to help you out. Can you imagine anyone these days recommending their competition in order to make sure you get exactly what you need. Hats off to the Siren staff.

btw - It's not within your price range or timing but I would save up for the Komodo Siren next time. I was on the boat 3 months ago and it was incredible.

Greetings fellow divers. I will be flying to Labuan Bajo on October 27th. I am wanting to do Komodo Liveaboard for 3 to 5 days. I have a budjet of $ 1000 US dollars and am hoping I can get some recommendations. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Would also like some suggestions for accomodations in Labuan Bajo. Cheers ! Life is always better Wet.

Hi Kentrueit

Like Siren fleet pointed out a lot of liveaboards are moving up to Raja 4 this time of year. But some of the more budget boats are still in Komodo. I know Batu Bolong liveaboard is still running trips through Nov and is within your price range. divekomodoflores.com never been on the boat myself but I know the cruise director and she's very experienced in the area.

Have fun in Komodo.

I can recommend Wicked Diving. I was on the Jaya in Komodo last year. The trip was great. Just looked on their website for you and the liveaboard trips at this time of the year are Upon Request. You have left it a bit late in the year to dive Komodo as a previous poster said alot of the liveabaords have moved to Raja.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom