Morehead City this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What have the water temps been off Morehead City lately? I'm supposed to dive with Atlantis Sat and Sun. Still warm enough for a 3 mil (with maybe a hooded vest)?

:cheers:
Steve

Was down weekend of 19th, offshore 76 degrees at depth, wore my 3mm with a hooded vest. Inshore on Indra, I found a spot that was 66 degrees, not so great. Also, a bit chill on the boat. Just talked to one of the shops down there, weather is looking iffy. I want to go down myself.

Was going to ask about your Oyster Charter, then realized I was a week late.

Good luck!

What have the water temps been off Morehead City lately? I'm supposed to dive with Atlantis Sat and Sun. Still warm enough for a 3 mil (with maybe a hooded vest)?

:cheers:
Steve

I dove both days last weekend (froze my butt off getting nack on the boat) and the Spar was about 72, the Aeolus was the same (they're maybe 100yds apart) and the Indra I had 67. I was in a 4/3, no hood and was alright. Weather is gonna be the issue this weekend

Weather won out again. Didn't surprise me, the forecasts were not good. This was the third washed out NC trip from my LDS. That gets pretty aggravating, but the one weekend I did get to dive Morehead City this summer was probably the best dives in my logbook (U352 and at least 30 sand tigers around the Spar)...at least 50ft vis.

Back
Top Bottom