Scubapro mk25 s600 brand new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Brand new bought in july used 2 times, scubapro mk25 s600 din regulator $550.00 plus shipping

IMG_0347.jpgIMG_0348.jpgIMG_0349.jpgIMG_0350.jpgIMG_0351.jpgIMG_0352.jpgIMG_0353.jpg

Brand new bought in july used 2 times, scubapro mk25 s600 din regulator $550.00 plus shipping

dude! brand new, AND used 2 times is NOT brand new. will need to be fully serviced, could have water damage. will you take $250?

dude! brand new, AND used 2 times is NOT brand new. will need to be fully serviced, could have water damage. will you take $250?

Your feedback is much appreciated, but I have a couple questions before I accept your most handsome offer. Do you service your regulator(s) every two dives?? I think that might be kind of obsessive compulsive. Water damage? You know a regulator is used underwater, right? I would suggest you check with your local shop to see if they have any twice used MK25/S600's for sale at $250, or $550 for that matter. Thanks for your most valuable opinion, but I think I'll pass on your offer.

I would never dive even a lightly used reg without having it checked out. This is life support equipment not a wetsuit or pair of gloves. This extra cost is the reason you are not getting much action.

Here is one with just a few more dives that has been bench checked for less money.

Used - 2012 Scubapro MK25/S600

I hate lowball offers but we just have to face facts that is how it is. I'm sure that reg probably cost $700-$800, I had a $900 bc that was used 4 times and had people offering me $450, that's just how it goes sometimes (luckily I work for a dive shop and didn't cost me anywhere near $900) used is used and if you happened to pay close to retail, be willing to take a big loss or just keep on using it!! They were a little older but I just picked up a ladyhawk w/ air 2 and a mk25/s600 all together was $450. They will all have to be serviced but still a good deal. Good luck with the sale!!

I hate lowball offers but we just have to face facts that is how it is. I'm sure that reg probably cost $700-$800, I had a $900 bc that was used 4 times and had people offering me $450, that's just how it goes sometimes (luckily I work for a dive shop and didn't cost me anywhere near $900) used is used and if you happened to pay close to retail, be willing to take a big loss or just keep on using it!! They were a little older but I just picked up a ladyhawk w/ air 2 and a mk25/s600 all together was $450. They will all have to be serviced but still a good deal. Good luck with the sale!!

Fully understand what you're saying Nitrox. That's my plan. If I can't get my asking price, then I'll keep the reg. In the meantime, if someone wants an excellent deal on a great reg, it will sell.

your promt response is graciously appreciated.

in response to your questions, i would service a regulator at any point that i was unsure of it's history. since you mistakenly said they were new in the title, then inside the thread you said they had two dives, it is hard to know which to consider. with that said, i was just reminded of a, "Cops" episode where the suspected "drunk driver" is pulled over and says they only had two beers, but then blows a BAC of 0.035. two beers, huh? two dives, huh?

as for your second question, well, there was no second question. just a lot of question marks.

water damage isn't usually a result of using the regs underwater when they are connected to a pressurized cylinder, but rather a result of not properly cleaning and drying the regs after the dive, or even submersing the reg to clean it without properly protecting the 1st and 2nd stages. unknown to most, dust caps are not designed to keep water out, rather... dust. submersing a regulator with a dust cap can allow water into the 1st stage and hoses, and if the purged button on the 2nd stage is depressed, into the air barrel and into the normally dry balancing chamber.

as far as checking with a dive shop, not necessary. when a used reg is purchased by a dive shop, they have to recoup their cost. first, the new price is divided in half, labor and parts for a complete overhaul are deducted, the risk cost, and shelve space cost, are deducted then the value of the reg is depreciated by the number of years from which the reg left the factory, not the last know store. a reg that sat on the shelve for five years and sold yesterday is not one day old.

regulators also have the risk of recalls and manufactures defects, too, like the yoke screw on the MK20.

so, as a former employee of many dive shops, an equipment service technician ,and as an intsructor, i bid YOU the best of luck.

--birdwrasse

p.s. i left the dive shop because many owners would have offered you $50 for your reg and i think that THAT wouldn't be fair. $250 is a good offer, but you might get $350... good luck.

Your feedback is much appreciated, but I have a couple questions before I accept your most handsome offer. Do you service your regulator(s) every two dives?? I think that might be kind of obsessive compulsive. Water damage? You know a regulator is used underwater, right? I would suggest you check with your local shop to see if they have any twice used MK25/S600's for sale at $250, or $550 for that matter. Thanks for your most valuable opinion, but I think I'll pass on your offer.

cheerio, good sir!

I would never dive even a lightly used reg without having it checked out. This is life support equipment not a wetsuit or pair of gloves. This extra cost is the reason you are not getting much action.

Here is one with just a few more dives that has been bench checked for less money.

Used - 2012 Scubapro MK25/S600

start diving on it!

Well, first off I am not a Dive shop. Secondly, I would never sell a piece of Life support equipment that I do not fully trust with my own life. There is no amount of money that justifies hurting someone over.

I understand your mistrust of these situations but not everyone is a cheat. Else I wouldn't even mention the two dives and the buyer would never know the difference. My feedback score here and on ebay (aprox 300 transactions over 10 years is 100%).

As far as caring for equipment, I am confident that I've taken good care of every piece of gear I've owned. Everything is rinsed after every dive. Regs are soaked while pressurized to prevent the possibility of water intrusion. Dust caps are dried before replacement. While not an instructor, I have been an active diver for over 30 years and have used plenty of dive gear in that time, mostly Scubapro. Needless to say I'm pretty comfortable with scuba equipment.

Your correct, a dive shop operates under different rules than a consumer. But not necessarily for just the reasons you stated. They also have new inventory to move so they can lowball all they want and not care. You also know that whether that reg has sat on a shelf for five years or one day, your going to pay the same price for it, retail.

Thanks for the good wishes, if it sells great, if not, it's all good.

---------- Post added October 31st, 2013 at 10:44 PM ----------

BTW BirdWrasse:

Did you ever sell your MK20 first stage for the $300 you were asking. Oh it was rebuild so I suppose it's worth more than a MK25/S600 with two dives. Looking over your posts, it seems you have a habit of hijacking other peoples threads. Just my observation.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-regulators/455479-wtb-cold-water-first-stage-regulator.html#post6763350

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom