Mikron regulator of Aqua Lung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PersianDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is your idea about this:

mikron_blue.jpg

Have you tried it?

I did a dive on a borrowed rig and she had the mikron reg. It works great. I think its just a scaled down version of the titan. Breathing resistance was good and I like the small mouth piece. IIRC there's only one hp port. If your running just a pressure gauge, you're good, but if you have an AI computer and want redundancy then that will be an issue. But overall its a good reg.

Thanks Nick! I am thinking to this one.. light and comfortable for my small mouth.. I don't have an AI computer yet so I think it can be a good choice for start.. It will be my first regulator that I am going to have it for myself.. And the last not least, the price!.. It's not too expensive..

This is what we currently dive and we like them a lot. I wouldn't think of it as a starter reg, they're good regs that are nice for travel. If you don't need another HP port its not something you will need to "upgrade." (Though if you do think you will need another HP port I would consider getting something with that now, as regs should last a long time.)

The weight of a second stage you probably won't even notice once you're in the water, but the smaller size is nice - just less "stuff" there and also less for a current to pull on. On the other hand there is more bubble interference which may bother some people. But I got used to it in after few dives and don't even notice it anymore.

It's a quality regulator and it's fairly easy on the wallet. I dont use AI, I'd rather see my pressure on an analog gauge.

Yes, as others have said its a rest reg and breaths very well. As per above both post you will experience a little more bubble interference than if using a "regular" second stage due to the narrow exhaust T. I owned the older version, Micra ADJ, was an awesome breather. The bubbles initially bothered me but soon got use to them. Agree with Damsefish if AI is in your future it might be wiser to look for a different reg.

I did just 1 dive with a Micron. Except for bubble interference, I could tell no real difference between it and my usual Titan LX"s. It is a very nice breathing reg. I believe that the latest version of the Micron has 2 HP ports.

Very good reg. High quality, good breather, light, and good for travel. I did not notice any bubble interference. My dive master, when i was in Hawaii, uses them exclusively and said they are tough as nails.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom