Outer banks, NC Dive sites needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adkandy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an unexpected trip scheduled for next week to Cape Hatteras, NC next week. We arrive on Saturday and leave the following Saturday. The local dive companies seem to be shut down for the season during the week, and it is a 4 hour drive to Morehead City. Any suggestions on how I can enjoy the underwater scene? Any shore dives? Anyone know of any charters going out during the week? I've talked to a few of the dive companies down there, and will check with them to see if anything has been scheduled for the week. I'll take my equipment just in case.

Welcome to Scubaboard...! :admingreet:

Hope you found the info you needed.

I was down in the Carolinas last year about this time and found the same problem. It is like they close down the ocean. Closest possible I was told was in Wilmington. Morehead was also a bust. Best option may be look for a buddy down there and shore dive.

The water is getting cold! And I'm no help for shore dives near hatteras. Beaufort/Morehead may be your closest option and I know some of the captains have already hung it up for the year.

Back
Top Bottom