A little training one-on-one... where do I look?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about joining a local dive club? Typically, you'll find helpful, very experienced divers (some actually certed as instructors) who will help you. If you want, you could buy them a beer afterwards.

Pizza works great, too. Excellent point on the dive club. I had a diver tell me I was the first buddy they had they didn't have to pay. Dive clubs can also be a great way to check out local sites and meet other people at different experience levels.

To answer your question about cost it depends on the operation. I worked at shop that paid me to go dive with customers when it was slow. Technically that would be free. Other places we charged $20 to $100 per dive

it all depends on what your needs are. I know shops were an Instructor to dive with you will add from $40 to $150 per dive, depending on the dive. Independents that I know will charge about the same plus expenses (if any). "Name" instructors will get $200 to as much as $500 per day plus expenses, and often only work by the day.

Hello Orchids
My name is Bruce and I have read your posts with interest I have my Boat in a Long Beach Marina If it is is close to you I would like to invite you to Dive With Carl and I on most any weekend. carl is my best friend and dive buddy for more then 39 years now he and I meet at my OW1 class (he was the instructor) I have every card that Naui offers except Instructor However I was his AI for so long it would be no problem to get that card as well if I wanted to. In any case it is Lobster season and we go out most weekends during lobster season and the boat is big enough if you wanted to bring a friend along that would be ok
Bruce

I saw that but maybe they are still diving in So Cal. I know several students that learned very little in the first five years, until they started to dive with us

Well at least you don't have a shortage of self confidence :D

R..

Back
Top Bottom