Dive knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Deep See / Wenoka Squeeze Lock is the one that fits the two grommets.

I advise getting the blunt tip with the handle in a bright color (yellow or pink).

Another option is to run a bungee through the grommets and attach whatever you want! Maybe some EMT shears in a little nylon sheath?

And add an EEZY CUT Trilobite to your arsenal. Going to be much more useful and user friendly than most knives out there.

+1 on the Trilobite. If you can't fit it in the slot, it'll cut it quickly (aside from metals obviously).

I agree with both of these statements. I use a blunt tip Wenoka Squeeze Lock Knife on my BCD's and have a Trilobite threaded on one of my straps.

The knives are great to have as a general tool but cutting is generally easier with the Trilobite.

I use the Wenoka squeeze lock knives on my BC's. Like the other posters, I also have the blunt tips.
I grind the point down further by approx. 1/4", and then grind the plastic sheath down to match the length of the blade.

Another +1 for carrying the wenoka, the cutter and the EMT shears.

You could go with something simple that can be clipped anywhere. Try a folding lock blade knife fitted with a shackle and clip.

IMG_1958.jpg

Or something like this with the clip already built into the handle.

Gerber Crevice Fine Edge Knife 30-000173

I am looking into getting a set of dive knives for my husband and I. Any suggestions on what ones seem to be the best. We have aqua lung bcds and want one that will attach to the rivets above the pockets.

I prefer to carry a titanium folder (w/ clip) stowed in my BCD pocket, just to keep the exterior snag hazards and clutter to a minimum for the 99.99% of the time that I do not have need of a knife. Safe usage, functionality, and durability are important factors. After all, you want it to be accessible and to work when you need it to, but also not become a liability that could cause harm and/or make things worse. I think many people look at purchasing dive knives for the right reasons, but then lose sight of that when making a selection. Many of these products are designed to look attractive, but are not always the best choice for the intended application. Its' purpose is that of a tool that can be deployed in a diving scenario safely and without causing harm, it is not a weapon or fashion accessory.

Last edited:
I am looking into getting a set of dive knives for my husband and I. Any suggestions on what ones seem to be the best. We have aqua lung bcds and want one that will attach to the rivets above the pockets.

I have one of those squeeze lock things too. They're good enough and they'll fit the mounting grommets on the BCD. I haven't used a trilobite but I saw a pretty convincing video about it the other day and it's on my list of things I want for Christmas. :)

What ever you do don't spend a whole bunch of money on a dive knife. If you haven't been diving for long you'll soon learn that if you do lose something during a dive it will be your knife.

Also, don't forget to spread a layer of Vaseline on the blade before you go diving with it, even if it says it's stainless steel. Not all SS is created equal and keeping water from directly contacting the metal will significantly extend the life of the blade.

R..,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom