Sea conditions at The Brothers end December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grocio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I might take a liveaboard trip to the Red Sea by end December this year. The sea can be rough at the Deep South and the St Johns by then, for what I've read so far. I was wondering whether this might also be the case at The Brothers.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

It can be a problem, you never know.

And not only in the Brothers, where you dive from the zodiacs, and the waves and currents can be huge and strong. Once we had also to wait a couple of days before we could cross it from Safaga to the Brothers. But when you get there and there are no other boats...

Depends on how unlucky you are. You can have excellent conditions in December but also very rough. Over my many years as liveaboard guide in the Red Sea I I cancelled only a few dives because of the conditions. Normally your guide will find a way to dive but maybe not the north plateau on little brother, maybe not Numidia but perhaps stationary from the dive platform instead of with the RHIB. The crossing can be demanding both on boat, crew and guests. The latter normally being the factor that makes the decision not to cross. The boat, Captain and crew can take much more than the guests. If you want I can send you the link to the iPad app of my book where you find more detailed info on currents and conditions and how it is to dive different areas of the Red Sera including the Brother Islands.

.......a.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom