What video mount for DPV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSwain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at getting a SS Viper life in the spring and want to mount my video camera to it. I know SS and DiveX make video mounts. I would like to know if any of you use these and how you like them. Also if you know of any other suggestions or if you made one could you post some photos of it? I would like for it to rotate 360degs and lock in any position. I have a Ikelite housing with dual handle, 2- 8" arms and 2 - Sola 1200 lights.

One other thing, I would like to hear from some SS Viper LiFe owners on how you like the DPV and burn time you are getting.

Thanks for your help!
TS

Thanks Tony, I have 3 GoPros and like thme very much and they work great and I do mount them on my current scooters with the sitcky mounts and they work great, but I want to mount my good HD camera to the scooter and that is whay I posted this. Thanks for the info though.

I made this mount for my cameras. Simple to mount. Simple to use. 360 degree on the fly adjustable. Will hold most any camera system. Delrin & stainless steel construction. I make them myself, and so far, it's better than anything I've seen commercially available.

GoPro Diver's View2.jpgGoPro Front Top.jpgSeaLife DC800 Diver's View2.jpgSeaLife DC800 w Strobe & Video Light - Diver's View.jpgSeaLife DC800 w Strobe & Video Light Front.jpg

Happy diving,
Kevin

TS contact Jon Nellis at Logic Dive Gear. He posted a nice rotating mount for larger HD camera not long ago. I asked him about a small Go Pro mount and he said he would have to design it.

Short body vs longer bodies handling underwater

Kevin, how much? I am interested in it.

I am getting a Genesis 1200 next month and looking for a rotating mount for the GP.

I currently use the sticky tab mounts on the Hollis H160 with twin Sola 1200s and love the stability and smallness of the set up.

I had couple friends loose GoPros with the glue mounts. Which is a big part of the reason I went with this design. You'd almost have to try to loose your camera with this.

I tether the go pro and sola lights with a short lanyard made of spiderwire and large fishing clasps. I learned that from seeing guys loose their cameras off bikes and helmets at 100+ mph at the tracks. I've knocked mine off the scooter before running through wrecks in NC and would have lost it completely had I not had it tethered.

Back
Top Bottom