Non coz dive question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This was originally posted in the Cozumel forum, and it has been moved to a more appropriate location for further discussion.

I am asking this question in this forum because most of the people that post here seem to have a wide experience of diving and diving locales....we are doing a cruise in feb sailing from Puerto rico stopping in Bridgetown Barbados, Castries ST. Lucia, ST John Antigua,Phillipsburg ST Marten and Charlotte Amalie ST Thomas, we will be with 4 other divers all of them NEWLY certified and they want to go diving at one of the stops can any one recommend wich stop would be best and possibly a shop that can accomadate us?

I've been to all of the places you listed a few times except for Barbados.

Being that everyone but yourself is a new diver, this really isn't about the best diving because they will be thrilled with any diving they do.

St Thomas will be the easiest for you. It's basically another state, like you never left the United States. Everything will be extremely familiar and easy. However, it's also notorious as a churn and burn dive experience. Many, many reports of divers unhappy with the overall cattle like dive experience that is prevelant there. Your companions will probably never notice the difference and be happy as clams, but you might, so if you want easy and an acceptable dive experience for them do your diving there.

For taking you into account I'd recommend St Lucia. The diving is easy, there is a little bit of decent fish life, but nothing spectacular, but more than enough to wow your friends. AND for you- I would look into doing the site called Superman. It's easy and gives a thrill to those who do it and at least you'll have a little bit of dive entertainment for your troubles. Added bonus of diving in St Lucia, you'll get a spectacular view of the Pitons (the volcanic twin mountains) of St Lucia from the water, beautiful scenery to enjoy along with your dive.

Just do a google search for st lucia & superman and see what you think, might be what you're looking for, unless Barbados has more to offer, as I've never been there.

I am asking this question in this forum because most of the people that post here seem to have a wide experience of diving and diving locales....we are doing a cruise in feb sailing from Puerto rico stopping in Bridgetown Barbados, Castries ST. Lucia, ST John Antigua,Phillipsburg ST Marten and Charlotte Amalie ST Thomas, we will be with 4 other divers all of them NEWLY certified and they want to go diving at one of the stops can any one recommend wich stop would be best and possibly a shop that can accomadate us?

The USVI has some good diving in St Croix, just not sure if you'd have enough time to ferry over from St Thomas and back though.

Back
Top Bottom