To ALL newbies please read this:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a cave diver with double "oxygen" tanks might be in serious trouble... but a well trained cave diver using the appropriate air mixes for the depths they are diving... not so much. Oh, wait... this was from Fox News. Never mind!

Once I read...."Being submerged in the water with only an oxygen tank" I knew this writer spent zero time on research. Kinda hard to take seriously when you read shoddy 'reporting' like this.

Forbes had an almost identical article last year. A few other big rags have carried similar stories. Most of the other articles included both ow scuba and cave diving separately.

Here's the Forbes article: The World's Most Dangerous Sports - Forbes

Maybe the OP is a troll, but it's not like he made up what he posted himself.

Strange, that none of the articles include "Hold My Beer and Watch This" sports.

Rovic does have a long track record of being very worried about the risks of diving. I'm not exactly sure why, but periodically he starts a thread to talk about how dangerous this sport is. In fact, for an activity carried out in an inimical environment, it's amazingly safe . . . even cave diving is safe, if you respect it.

If you are constantly worried about being hurt doing something...go back into your cardboard box and live. Life's too short to sit around and do nothing.

Well, a cave diver with double "oxygen" tanks might be in serious trouble... but a well trained cave diver using the appropriate air mixes for the depths they are diving... not so much. Oh, wait... this was from Fox News. Never mind!

Agreed.

My non-diving GF was sitting next to me on a dive charter a few years ago. One of the other divers mentioned something about her oxygen tank. I did not correct her.

My GF leans over and goes "that's not oxygen, what is she talking about?"

The oxygen thing always gets me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom