Pirate Lady (Bahamas) Ran Aground Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Down here on Carib Dancer for our first day of diving when we got a call the Pirate Lady was aground and foundering. When we got there everyone was already off and onto a small island. One of the other Blackbeard boats arrived as well. Everyone off safely. A fair bit of stuff was retrieved, though some lost their stuff with the boat which sustained significant damage and was still being ground up on the rocks when we left.

We just dropped all 15 of them off back at Nassau and are heading back out.

If you have a booking on the Pirate Lady... you will want to check into alternate arrangements.

:-(

Ugh. Not good news at all. Thanks RJ. We were heading down in April with a group, I'm sure that'll change things a bit. Any word on what happened exactly?

To all our Blackbeard's Family, just wanted you to all know that yesterday was a tough day for the Pirate's Lady. While navigating a cut, the steering went out and they were pushed into the rocks of the islands. Everyone is safe- the guests were all taken back to Nassau and are diving with Stuart Cove's. Big thanks to the crew that thought quickly and handled it so well. Future guests can all sigh with relief, we have been able to accommodate future passengers on our other boats.

Bruce Purdy

Wow, that was nice of the Carib Dancer to take care of a competitor's guests. RJP, Was Dennis your captain? He really is a class act. I'm sorry for the divers on the Pirate's Lady, and also for the Carib Dancer's divers...that shuttle cost you a day's diving...I'll bet your boat was a bit crowded for a while!

Reactions: RJP
Wow, that was nice of the Carib Dancer to take care of a competitor's guests. RJP, Was Dennis your captain? He really is a class act. I'm sorry for the divers on the Pirate's Lady, and also for the Carib Dancer's divers...that shuttle cost you a day's diving...I'll bet your boat was a bit crowded for a while!

Nice, indeed but also part of the rules of the sea to assist another vessel in trouble.

Sorry to hear this. I dove with Blackbeard on the Morning Star and quite enjoyed the week.

It shocks me every time someone makes a comment like this. It never would have crossed my mind to sail off and leave them. My only concern would have been if the beer was running low.

Can an you imagine the cooperation you would get when you had a problem in the future...from anyone?

I didn't mean that the Carib Dancer should have left them, I'm just surprised that the other Blackbeard boat didn't take them. Or the Aqua Cat, if they were nearby, since they are run by the same people as Blackbeards. The Carib Dancer is run by a different company, so it was nice of them to take care of the competitor's guests, especially since RJP said there was another Blackbeards boat present. I was surprised that the other Blackbeard boat didn't take the stranded divers. THAT'S what I meant!

That makes more sense. I didn't consider the Aqua Cat myself. I know there was no way the Morning Star could handle another 15 passengers plus whatever crew traveled with them.

Back
Top Bottom