How many ways to de-fog your mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+! for Baby shampoo. Commercially available de-foggers are good but not always necessary, especially in tropical waters.

We find a good old fashioned spit and scrub works really well. We also make sure we scrub our masks with a bit of toothpaste every few dives keeps them spanking clean and fog free. Use a toothbrush to make sure you remove all the toothpaste from the corners of the mask before you take it diving. With all the paste removed there's still a lovely hint of minty freshness on your face!

any concentration of baby shampoo works for me

Nothing I've tried ever works, my mask seems to fog up all the time lol
Don't get mask wet prior to applying defog. I like baby shampoo. Rub in dry mask, rinse, dive..

I use spit, works like a charm every time, and the best part, its free.

You did clean the lens with a toothpaste right? If you did, do it a few more times then again once or twice

Baby shampoo by that well known brand works from day 1 on a brand new mask, forget all that toothpaste stuff you don't need to do it.

I use spit, works like a charm every time, and the best part, its free.

And a great check on your hydration as well.

Bob
--------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

SeaDrops Plutonium: Refined from glistening beads of perspiration gently blotted from the downy inner thighs of our gaggle of naked virgin Swedish Divemistresses.

If you don't have any? Toothpaste before every dive works. It isn't popular because it's essentially free, and divers feel better if they get to spend money on silly things.

I've had various defog products and used them a lot 'cause I also use them on swim goggles 1-3x a week. Finally concluded that nothing works better than spit. Can't beat spit for convience.

Back
Top Bottom