small leak on my auto drain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it takes 1 to 2 minutes to build up enough pressure so you can't hold it back with your finger you are not losing much air. I hate air leaks but remember that the valves are there with the purpose of causing an air leak. Do you really need 10 seconds of open time to get rid of the moisture? I bump mine open for an extremely short time with the time and interval based on the current humidity and temperature (computer controlled). Since I started doing that my filter shows no moisture color change on the indicator.

Brian

Sorry I was just asking if it would be bad to run the compressor with leaking drains, I didn't realize I had to explain my complete set up and each step I was doing with it

But I did say I was filling 7 3600 psi banks and they were at 2500 psi,and I did not say that I was filling one at a time as recommended to me by mako when I called them before I bought the compressor and for that I am sorry to leave that detail out. I didn't think it had much to add to the fact I wanted to know what the people who might know better then me if it was ok to run the compressor with leaking drains

again thank you for your input
Matt

I work for a Mako distributor. I service Mako machines every day I work. I would never recommend filling storage with a 5404 block. Mako (Gardner-Denver) has moved twice in the past few years and didn't take employees (maybe kept some upper management) with them. When they left Ocala, FL, They left people with years of experience. Keep in mind that people will tell you anything to hopefully sell you something.

BRT : Thank you, I will play around with the time that the valves are
open for. The compressor is in a climate controled space I keep it 68 degrees in the room and monitor the space temp when the compressor is running so far the highest room temp has been 73 degrees.

Craig: I do understand what you are saying but this is what I have to work right now , 5404 is not reccomended for continuous duty?
what is the longest the compressor should run before it is shut down for a break in you opinion,

Thank you guys for your help
Matt

The 5404 should be used to fill individual 80 cu ft tanks. No more that 3 tanks in sequence of low pressure to high pressure
Jim Shelden

Craig can you help me with a problem? I am in Lauderdale and need to get a MCH-6 running. I have stripped all the way down, bought and machined a new crankshaft and bought a new conn rod and the new bearing is still seizing up.
Tracy
305 304 3233

There is a specific way the rods must be placed when they go back on the shaft. This has nothing to do with the location on the shaft. It has to do with how the rods are opposed to each other. It has been a long time and I don't remember how they go. Maybe Ray Contrera can help. He is a Coltri dealer.

My rix sa 6 compressor was doing the same thing. I applied vaseline to the o rings on the auto drain and that has fixed that particular problem....still working on the moisture in tanks and am going to install manual in line drains...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom