How are Certification Agencies made?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AHHHHH that's true! We must have went to the same place because the FIRST question they had when we asked to go diving was "who's paying?". I spend a lot of time in Grenada and I know all the shops. I know exactly where you were

It depends where you go. The first time I produced my SSI ow card in Riveria Maya the shop operator said "SSI? What is that? Are you a diver? The next time I also had a PADI aow card and was ok. This year I was in Poland and the dive shop said "SSI, PADI no. If you want to dive here you must have CMAS."

I wonder how to get a CMAS card in BC.

This year I was in Poland and the dive shop said "SSI, PADI no. If you want to dive here you must have CMAS."

I wonder how to get a CMAS card in BC.

I wonder how much business they actually do. That's incredibly ridiculous.

Someone always has to have a dig at GUE don't they? :wink: He doesn't call people 'strokes' any more...

I think you misread it. I thought he was talking about the commonly expressed belief that before PADI came into bring, dive instruction was perfect and no one was ever hurt because they had perfect diving skills. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I didn't see GUE at all.

Then some people saw they could make a buck or two and things changed. Some say for the better. I don't know. There are certianly more people in the water than there would have been. Including some who really should not be if you see them flailing around, not knowing what they are doing, and in some cases getting hurt and worse. Not to mention the ones who realized they have no idea what they are doing and quit.
Before the 300lb gorilla walked in the room, divers clearly knew what they were doing and nobody got hurt.... /sarcasm/
Someone always has to have a dig at GUE don't they?
03.gif
He doesn't call people 'strokes' any more...

GUE would be the equivalent of a Tarsier in this fight...
It+is+a+Tarsier+_84b0ebca9743d78c8d2a4d1bed8f6f3f.jpg

1. start by writing a really bad oversized book about diving.
2. when a family on holiday wants to learn diving, require each family member to buy a copy of your bad oversized book as im sure the extra heavy carry-on during the plane ride home will remind them of what a great investment they made.
3. offer them the opportunity to pay you extra for their c-card and pass the money to 'project aware' to convince them they are environmentally friendly and to make up for your depletion of the forrest.

I think you misread it. I thought he was talking about the commonly expressed belief that before PADI came into bring, dive instruction was perfect and no one was ever hurt because they had perfect diving skills. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I didn't see GUE at all.
When I read it I immediately thought of PADI.
But now that GUE comment was made, you can't un-offend people.
There is a will likely always be running jokes on and about their "ways" of doing things.
And if you don't or can't believe that, you're going to die.

1. start by writing a really bad oversized book about diving.
2. when a family on holiday wants to learn diving, require each family member to buy a copy of your bad oversized book as im sure the extra heavy carry-on during the plane ride home will remind them of what a great investment they made.
3. offer them the opportunity to pay you extra for their c-card and pass the money to 'project aware' to convince them they are environmentally friendly and to make up for your depletion of the forrest.

I see what you did there :D

Back
Top Bottom