PADI master scuba diver rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure exactly when the ability to understand and cogently discuss analogies - that are by definition never 100% exactly the same as the comparative situation - was bred out of the human genome, but it has surely happened.

I tell open water students the real benefit to advanced open water is exposure to different types of diving, 5 dives with an instructor and building in the skill set they learn in open water. I had a student that I had for open water get taught AOW by another instructor, come up to me at the quarry and I asked him how it wax going, he told me that PPB was a wasted dive since the instructor didn't add anything above what he learned in OW. I told him that the instructor was teaching to standards, but I feel that since buoyancy( other than breathing) is the skill you use on every dive, I spend more time on it and make sure they understand the concepts, and how their kicking, breathing and weighting affect them, so they are a more confident OW diver. Every class is about what the instructor puts into it regardless of agency.

I was going to get the Master SCUBA Diver card to pick up chicks at the bars, but then I found out that my Rolex Sea Dweller does a much better job.

Teehee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom