21 Reasons to Buy a SANTI Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanEdge Outfitters

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear SB,

Thank you so much for all of the positive support about our products! We will continue to supply the quality, comfort and innovation that you would expect from an exposure suit manufacturer.

For those of you not familiar with the SANTI Brand, we have created some bullet points for you to consider the next time your in the market for a drysuit.

21 Reasons to buy a SANTI Drysuit

I hate to burst your bubble, but, most manufacturers have most of those options.

My Bare has 1(well, sort of, made in Canada, and I am Canadian), 4, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, and 19.

I am certain that most dry suit manufacturers have comparable features.

However, some features do intrigue me. They include: 2, 3, 5, 9, and 17.

Thanks to Santi for taking time to determine the correct exhaust valve placement.
Including great pockets with the suit.
And including suspenders........why some companies charge extra for suspenders is beyond me.:idk:

WOW pricey! Way beyond my reach. Nice suits.

Santi makes great trilam suits... the best in my opinion and experience. I've owned one for several years and it has never let me down, unlike several US-made suits I've had in the past.

If you are in the market for a top-end trimlam suit, you will not be disappointed. And there's no conflict here. I am a spokesman for a totally different line of suits. I own a SANTI but do not represent the company in any capacity. I used to, but that was before

Quite apart from the features mentioned is the QA process that SANTI suits go through. I know of only one other manufacturer who is as anal about what leaves their factory.

I was cave diving last week with a buddy who has recently purchased a slim-cut SANTI suit (cave-cut is the term I am used to using). Unlike lower-end models (which are perfectly adequate for most recreational divers on a budget), it fitted him almost like a neoprene suit would have. He looked streamlined in the water and was dry... unlike our other buddy diving a similarly priced POS assembled in California.

And including suspenders........why some companies charge extra for suspenders is beyond me.:idk:

Well, I think someone would argue that they do charge for suspenders. They just charge everbody for them ... if you know what I mean.

I was cave diving last week with a buddy who has recently purchased a slim-cut SANTI suit (cave-cut is the term I am used to using). Unlike lower-end models (which are perfectly adequate for most recreational divers on a budget), it fitted him almost like a neoprene suit would have. He looked streamlined in the water and was dry... unlike our other buddy diving a similarly priced POS assembled in California.

That CA made suit would be the one I did a 10 min field ugly repair on that was better in regards to keeping the wawa out than the factory job on the other wrist? LOL

My main hesitation with Santi is the fit. Almost all of them are incredibly baggy. I've seen maybe two that fit well, so I'm not sure if the poor fit of them (in general) is due to poor measurements or if Santi adds extra unneeded fabric when producing the suits.

Santi undergarments, however, are absolutely phenomenal.

Hi PfcAJ,

Thank you for the support! We're happy to hear that you think the SANTI undergarments are "absolutely phenomenal"!

We cant speak for the SANTI drysuits that you have seen on divers in your area but we can tell you that SANTI Drysuits are typically cut for a 400 gram undersuit. When divers order their MTM drysuits suits, they do have an option to have it cut for a 400g or 200g regular fit or for a 400g or 200g slim fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom