Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful! I didn't get very far out when I went to Butterfly, and was disappointed in the topography and life. But that is a really amazing sight.

Sunday's forecast looks fantastic. Saturday is pretty calm too, so I think epic vis awaits this weekend!

Did a couple of dives at Breakwater on Thursday morning. First dive went to the left into the kelp, lots of good size perch, rockfish and 1 large Ling and a few smaller ones. Saw lots of sea butterflies which before then never see one (I didn't know what they were until a search on Google). Surge was bad until I got out deeper................No nettles except dead ones on the bottom. Not one sunflower star was to be seen which is kind of weird. Saw at least 4 creatures I never saw before.

Rich

If anyone's out diving today, let us know how it is. Looks like practically 0 swells until Tuesday, which should mean excellent vis right?

We dove north Monastery Beach yesterday morning. Medium surge, 3-4' swell. Viz was 40' until 70' at which point it opened to 60'. It stayed that way all the way to 150' along the Canyon wall.

-Adrian

Dove the Breakwater wall and the the kelp field on Friday. Had kicked out to 7 on the wall and descended there. Had hooped to have some Sea Lion encounters but no luck there. Vis was a solid 20' with lots of particulate in the water.

Stayed over and dove Point Lobos on Saturday. Truely awesome conditions. Drivng by South Monastery it looked like ankle slappers. It was at least 60' of vis out at Hole in the Wall. Probably even had 20' right in Whalers cove.

PICT0356.jpgPICT0361.jpg

Dove Point Joe and Point Pinos today off the Beach Hopper II.
Vis was a good 40' +
Beautiful day. A humpback whale, dolphins and otters on the surface. Nudibranchs all over the bottom, lots of fish in the water column and no nettles on the way up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom