Pirate Lady (Bahamas) Ran Aground Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Morning Star got the passengers off the Pirate’s Lady and was going to take them to Nassau, but the Carib Dancer needed to go to Nassau to drop off someone who required medical help. They graciously offered to take most of the Morning Star passengers. Two remained on the Morning Star for the week.

Bruce Purdy
Blackbeard's Cruises

Reactions: RJP
I assume you meant they graciously offered to take most of the Pirate Lady's passengers?

They graciously offered to take most of the Morning Star passengers. Two remained on the Morning Star for the week.

Bruce Purdy
Blackbeard's Cruises

An update on the Pirate's Lady- it is with heavy hearts that we must announce that the lovely Lady was not salvageable. It was a tough decision but one we had to make. She will rest in her beloved Bahamas forever more. Thanks for all the well wishes, it has meant so much to the crew and our entire Blackbeard's Family. Crew member Wade Kumm posted this great poem in her honor. Guest Paula Carter shared her Pirate Flag- she is now a pirate ship in the true meaning of the word. We thank the Pirate Lady for delivering her last group safely before giving it up to the wicked sea. We'll miss you lovely lady!

Oh Pirates Lady my true princess,
you will, I'm sure, by many be missed.
The joy, happiness and delight you brought,
by answering the calls for adventure sought.
You took me places many dream to be,
over and both under the sea.
The memories made shall eternally be kept,
in the minds of all who were fortunate to have met,
a vessel, a treasure, as fine as you,
though deep in your keel to the pirate you be true.
The lessons you taught on land and at sea,
Will be held forever so dear to me.
In your darkest hour you still stood firm,
to allow those we love, a chance to return,
to tell the story of your demise,
a story told with tears in our eyes.
So it's time I say farewell, goodbye,
in the depths of the ocean you will lie,
where once again your hull shall be,
a refuge, a home, a family tree.
I shall one day a captain become,
To honor your name.

Your adopted son. WADE KUMM, past crewmember on the PL

Rest assured, we will continue to provide memories for all our future guests aboard our Sea Explorer and Morning Star- sister ships to the Pirates Lady.

Wow, that was nice of the Carib Dancer to take care of a competitor's guests.

I don't imagine that the Dancer Fleet and the Blackbeard's Fleet, really think of themselves as competitors. While they offer similar services and operate in the same area, I suspect that each appeals to a different demographic.

Regardless, it would go without saying that one would render assistance, regardless of them being competitors or not. "Good Karma" tends to come to those who dispense it... I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a bottle of rum may well have changed hands from one Captain to another, as well. It's kind of the currency of the sea.

Where did the PL go down? Did it happen between dives? I'm guessing that she was traveling between moorings when the steering broke? As it was the first full day of diving ( Sunday ), was it near
Ship Channel Cay? Shallow or deep water? After being a home for divers for the past 25
years, it will now become a home for all sorts of marine creatures. Maybe a Grouper, octopus or puffer will find a new home in berth 3L, where I lived for 2 weeks during 2 trips.

So sorry to hear this. I was onboard the PL just a year and a half ago and was planning to return later this year to her. Perhaps we can visit her along the way onboard whichever vessel we end up on. It would be nice to say one final goodbye in person.

Sorry to hear that the Pirate's Lady is not salvageable. I had a fun time aboard the Morning Star earlier this year.

Sad to hear about the loss of the Pirate's Lady. I look forward to diving with Blackbeard again in January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom