Changes in last few years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been the food festival, it was fun and tried goat prepared many ways............ much thanks for the cruise ship schedule. I know what you mean about it not being Cozumel but it almost seems like death by a thousand cuts. Is the "between two buns" in the location of the deli that was there a few years ago? I really liked the selection at the deli and was hoping it was still there.

I don't know how long Between 2 Buns has been there. I think its less than 2 years but it is a deli. They serve breakfast and sandwiches at lunch. I didn't have their breakfast but the bread and sandwiches were delicious.

between-2-buns.jpg

Have a great time and report back! We are going to Roatan this year for Thanksgiving instead of Bonaire. I'm a little conflicted about that!

We did Thanksgiving in Roatan a few years ago. You have to try Blue Bahia Restaurant in Sandy Beach. They did smoke turkey with all the trimmings on Thanksgiving and was FANTASTIC!!

City Cafe is shutting down permanently Nov. 30th. :depressed: City Cafe

After 2010 the Departure Tax is included in your ticket price - no booth at the airport now.

Betweeen Two buns took over the corner formerly occupied by Michael's Chat - N - Browse. CnB is still there, just down to 1 storefront, remodeled and updated. Head into Rincon and check out the Cadushi Distillery ~ delightful couple, they make a cactus liqueur along with rum and vodka. Get a sample, buy a nice cold cocktail and do the tour. Very interesting and supporting the local economy www.cadushy.com

Great, no waiting for the departure tax (although we usually bought in advance). Will check out the local distillery and support the local economy:D thanks for the tip.

Anyone have first hand knowledge on the lion fish hunting opportunities?

Didn't hunt them myself but understand you must take a lionfish hunting course, using an ELF to hunt them only. Hagen from Cactus Blue has a lunch truck at Aquarius most days; he says he has to go to 130' plus to reliably find them for his burgers. In October I saw 2 large ones and 3 - 4 little ones all week.

Great, no waiting for the departure tax (although we usually bought in advance). Will check out the local distillery and support the local economy:D thanks for the tip.

Anyone have first hand knowledge on the lion fish hunting opportunities?

I believe Bas Tol still offers the class. It's on his website. BAS Diving

Curo Lionfish Hunting Course. $ 125,-

Unfortunately, we are still seeing lionfish on our trips. The larger are typically deeper.

Didn't hunt them myself but understand you must take a lionfish hunting course, using an ELF to hunt them only.

If you're a visitor: In addition to the above you must also hunt under direct supervision of a qualified local DM.

If you're a visitor: In addition to the above you must also hunt under direct supervision of a qualified local DM.
This is what I was trying to avoid. I have no problem taking the class etc...... but I do not want to have anything scheduled, such as a time to hunt with local DM. Schedules are completely foreign to me when I'm on the island................main reason for coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom