Luggage vest recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the past, we actually wore our orange "stab" jackets, B.C., on the plane. There were a dozen in our group. We received some strange looks & a few laughs, but that was long before 9/11.

It might be worth a try, just make sure you don't have your knife attached!

Stoo, may I ask what type of vest you are using if you have a link I might take a look at it.

Mine is just some no-name brand I got from my brother. The pockets wouldn't hold a reg, but they'd certainly hold the bits, if you took it apart...

Off topic for scuba, but a funny and true story: I flew to Denver with two friends to ski a few years back...in order to save $35 each in luggage fees we wore our ski boots on the plane as our shoes! Got a lot of strange looks but hey, you can buy a lot of beer for $35...:D

Off topic for scuba, but a funny and true story: I flew to Denver with two friends to ski a few years back...in order to save $35 each in luggage fees we wore our ski boots on the plane as our shoes! Got a lot of strange looks but hey, you can buy a lot of beer for $35...:D

That is AWESOME.

I wish the "counter nazi" would be a LOT more strick. I am sick of getting to my seat and not having any place for my regulation size carryon because of all the people with carryons twice the size they are allowed.

Stoo, may I ask what type of vest you are using if you have a link I might take a look at it.

Sorry, I missed your question. Mine is just some no-name brand that the local camera shop carried. Some of them are quite expensive, but this is a cheapie... $52 as I recall.

A bulky jacket with a lot of pockets might work too. Ditch the hoses on your regs and just pocket the heavy stuff.

I wish the "counter nazi" would be a LOT more strick. I am sick of getting to my seat and not having any place for my regulation size carryon because of all the people with carryons twice the size they are allowed.
Because Mrs. Stoo is a school Principal, we travel at school break. During our March Break, we often fly out of Buffalo (even though we live in Canada) so we end up in an airport full of young families heading south for a week. Ever since the airlines started charging ridiculous rates for all luggage, the amount of carry-on has sky-rocketed. If your heading to Disney with 3 little kids, the temptation is to have the kids pack all oh their stuff in a carry-on. Then strap a giant teddy bear to it.

On our last trip, Mrs. Stoo was still using a cane and wore a splint on her recently broken leg. I think these accessories are going to become standard gear... whisked through security, early boarding. Busted legs are the bomb in that regard! ;-)

Not sure if 'are the bomb' is a term I'd associate with being whisked through security! ;0

I've been traveling witth the RB a lot lately, I prefer to carry it on but it is over the cabin baggage weight limit. If I keep the carry on where the check in agent can not see it (i.e. with fellow travelers that have already checked in) then the agent can not weigh it. This has worked so far…

I've been traveling witth the RB a lot lately, I prefer to carry it on but it is over the cabin baggage weight limit. If I keep the carry on where the check in agent can not see it (i.e. with fellow travelers that have already checked in) then the agent can not weigh it. This has worked so far…
I hope you realize that one of the reasons for the carry-on weight limits is the structural design and weight capability of the overhead spaces? So i hope when you sneak it on you put it under the seat in front of you, and don't compromise my safety by putting it over my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom