Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some sort of locking lever that I have no idea what it does. View attachment 170488

Looks like a twist lock assembly that is used on stack trains and on container vessels to lock shipping containers together. If there is a rail line close to you I would bet $$ that is what it is.

I found a pigs head on a shore dive in South Korea. It was in about 1-2M visibility so pretty spooky

It's bottle season again

5 of us got out today to kick off bottle diving season and we weren't disappointed.
20131110_115709.jpg

my finds
20131110_115404.jpg

Johns finds
20131110_115725.jpg

Gille's Navy Bowl
20131110_115718.jpg

Safe Diving everyone,
ZDD

Man you guys kick ass. How do you find hole pipes what was the jar for that you found? What is the thing John found with the hole?

Man you guys kick ass. How do you find hole pipes what was the jar for that you found? What is the thing John found with the hole?
Hi Scott, that crockery jar we are not sure on, it may have been what was called a Mother Ink bottle but it is different then any I have seen before, I am going to see if I can nail it down but it looks to be from the 1800s. That thing John found seams to be made from scrap brass and used as a Tag for something, possibly for keys, we couldn't find any writing on it at all.
ZDD

The car didn't have tires and it has been down for over thirty years and no bodies. My guess is it was dumped and with no bodies the statute of limitations would most likely have run out. The bike goes to the fuzz and I am not sure what to do with the chair. Perhaps a cart to pull things out of the river on.

I just remembered something else. My instructors boat! When I did the NASDS Expert course we spent a weekend at Lake Murray, OK. Sunday morning we were supposed to do the boat diving portion. When we got to the marina we found out that Buddy, our instructor, had just finished having his I/O worked on then left the boat tied to the pier overnight. The next morning the only part visible was the line. We rounded up everything we could find to fill with air, dove at the pier and tied buckets and inner tubes to the boat, then floated it. After it surfaced we couldn't get the bilge pump to work or the submersible pump either, so we bailed it by hand. All this got us the "search and recovery" signature on the card instead of the "boat dive" signature.

DFB

So far, diving in Korea, an anchor, short chain and long rope, and an incredible number of empty beer cans and fishing lures from fishermen!

Back
Top Bottom