Fossil Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro67

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been diving on the 23 mile ledge off Wilmington for Meg Teeth, and am looking to return, but it seems these trips get booked up really quickly! Can anyone add to the list of operators I know of that do these trips?

Aquatic Safaris, Scuba Now, Tortuga (MHC operator) - all out of Wrightsville Beach, NC;
Jet Lag - out of Carolina Beach, NC.

I'm also looking to do some of this out of Florida over the Christmas period - any recommendations to locations and operators?

Very grateful for any help - Thanks!

Duncan.

Hey Tooth Magnet, come down to Venice over the christmas/NY holiday. Kate and I will be there and I will be beach diving everyday with a boat dive thrown in. I can tow you out with the scooter and we can have a hellova good time.:cool2:

I am booking a couple of trips next year with Ken/Tortuga and will let you know when.

Carolina Diving Adventures and Cheerio Lady run trips out of Carolina Beach. Call Capt Keith with Jet Lag, he is connected to all the boats in Carolina Beach and those guys know how to find them. Aquatic Safaris is great too, but I don't know how may fossil trips they run. I am done for 2013. Still trying to figure out my 2014 season, but I already know there will not be many spots open. Tune in to my Facebook page for my announcement of next year's schedule. It is listed as Tortuga Charters.

Every dive I make is a fossil idve! :)

You don't usually find to many teeth in the 23 mile ledge either. Further off and South you'll find some nice big ones. Scuba-now. Call them and go.

Back
Top Bottom