Recreational Rebreather!?!?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suggest to take the course from a instructor who KNOWs the unit and DIVES the unit not someone who says they do. If you go to the Hollis website, you will find a list of instructors. If your instructor is not on that list, they dont know the unit... Hope this helps and safe diving to all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of what you are saying is correct however this list on the Hollis web site has not been updated since last April and quite a number of competent instructors have been certified on Hollis units without recognition from the company web page. This is an unfortunate issue and one which I have tried repeatedly to get Hollis to correct but until they do please don't sell short the instructors who have put in the time and effort to become familiar with this family of rebreather because your above statement is wrong!

Most of what you are saying is correct however this list on the Hollis web site has not been updated since last April and quite a number of competent instructors have been certified on Hollis units without recognition from the company web page. This is an unfortunate issue and one which I have tried repeatedly to get Hollis to correct but until they do please don't sell short the instructors who have put in the time and effort to become familiar with this family of rebreather because your above statement is wrong!

Hi Dave,

Point well taken. We are in the process of launching an entirely new website and many updates have been made to the instructor section. Should have this live by early next week.

Cheers,
Nick

The explorer looks a great unit like people say depends on your diving style i want it because i have started to doing reef surveys and love marine life which is mostly found in top 20-30 meters and a rebreather would be great for that due to silence etc I've looked at other units and to be honest for a first unit i think the explorer will be good for me :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom