Single traveller in Mexiko (Cancun, Playa, Cozumel, Tulum)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After being in Mexiko for Christmas & NewYear 2012 I want to return to this great place.

Last time I was married and with my family, we stayed in the Dreams Tulum and had a great dive operator there.
Unfortunately the Dreams is not the best place for a single traveller...

This time, I am divorced and single traveler (not looking for any party or new relationship yet) but looking for a nice place to stay, dive, meet people and have some relaxation.

Any recommendations?

P.S I am mid 40 and male so not a place for only young people pls:cool2:

I did DSD with Maya Diving in Dreams Tulum several years ago and found them very good; however I hear they are no longer at the hotel.
I have stayed in the Grand Palladium near Akumal several times and found it to be very good. I do not know what you are looking for but there always seem to be some unattached ladies around but it is not a "singles" resort. It is a large resort with a lot of activities but easy to get around and has an adult’s only pool.
I really like the on-site dive shop there, Underwater Technical World aka Aqua Excursions, they are on facebook. They do three boat dives a day from the beach as well as day trips to Cozumel, Puerto Morelos and the cenotes. They will do night dives if there is enough interest. I never found a problem finding a good insta-buddy although I interviewed them first.
I am hoping to go back again this winter if everything works out.

Might want to consider making Playa del Carmen your base...nice beaches, a wide variety of hotels, and it's very easy to go out and socialize if you want. Most dive shops in Playa offer diving in Playa, Cozumel & the cenotes so have access to a wide variety of dive experiences. Lots of marine life to see including our winter visitors...the bull sharks! For hotels, there's the Playacar section if you are interested in large all-inclusives. If you prefer smaller hotels, there are many in town, both on and off the beach. For a small AI experience right in Playa, a lot of people like Hotel Mahekal (formerly Shangri-La) as well as Las Palapas. Both are pretty low key, on a nice beach in the northern section of the city. Have a great holiday in Mexico wherever you decide to stay.

Get in touch with us, we can provide you limitless information about PDC hostels, hotels (like the one you are looking for -quiet-, just in front of our shop), services and we are also very friendly people to dive with, we have many diving programs such as reefs, bull shark dives, Cenotes (caves).
contact us:

PHONE:
+52 984 803 05 73

EMAIL:
diveplayainfo@yahoo.com
info@scuba10.com

SCUBA 10

We are here for you!

Back
Top Bottom