New Dive Club help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashthrash

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone in the Carroll county area. I am thinking of trying to put together a club if anyone is interested I was thinking of trying to have the meetings once a month just to see if it can get off the ground. And for those that are in clubs already I could use some help in learning how to organize it with its by-laws and such

---------- Post added December 8th, 2013 at 02:07 PM ----------

Also it is not just for Carroll county but for anyone interested it is just that I am from there

Try talking to your local dive shops, they should have more local contact info then you may find here.

Yes Maryland and i have been in touch with them I am trying to others in the area also

We started ours just that way, by setting up a webpage through meetup.com. We started with 6 members and now have over 450 members. We found that it worked best for us not to be associated with any one dive club. We have several though that offer our members discounts. Also, it will work best if you don't charge a member fee. We just put out a can at our monthly meetings and if members want they can help with costs by donating. We also sell t-shirts and make 3-4 dollars off them. We have to pay for our website and domain names and that is about all. You can set up a facebook page instead, they didn't have facebook when we started. With meetup we have our own forum and photo, file, and member page.

Hey sooner since you have some experience with this how formally is your club structured

---------- Post added December 8th, 2013 at 08:16 PM ----------

anyone that is interested feel free to pm me i see a lot of views so I hope that means there is some interest in setting this up

Or, you could go a totally different route.

The club I dive with, North Coast Divers in California, doesn't have meetings, dues, formal officers or by-laws. We just go diving.

We have a website forum, where we talk about our monthly club dives, as well as other topics, including finding dive buddies and advise for other dives.

You can check us out at www.northcoastdivers.org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so did you ever make a web page or meetup group for the dive club? Id be interested in doing something like this

Back
Top Bottom