I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am confused. What exactly does guns ONLY have to do with hunting? Sure it is ONE of the TOOLS you can use to hunt with, I get that. I know WAY more gun owners then I do hunters......... And I know a few hunters that do not own guns.

109_4137.jpgZombies or tyrants, beware. If you have more rounds than me, you had better be a diver or damn good at holding your breath, because I'm going underwater for a while.

Yes, that is a fully loaded Beta-mag and their are 2 sighting systems on the top of that "evil black gun".

I'd like a turn with that thing, but I wouldn't want to feed it on a regular basis. That could get expensive.

Now that ammo is commonly available I'm gonna have to spend more time at the range.

Nothing. At least nothing more than drag racing has to do with cars.

What does hunting have to do with this thread?

Agreed it was titiled "I like guns". This isn't about hunting, it's just about if you like guns. I have several more that aren't hunting firearms, although I have several of those. If someome had said "I like hunting guns", I would have posted a pic of a shotgun or a 7mm Mag. (all locked in my gun safe}

I have a 7MM mag. It is in my gun safe. Haven't fired it. I bought it 13 years ago, I had a big elk hunting trip in the works. I got married instead. I have a Remmington 700BDL. I love that rifle and will have it til the day the government comes after it or the day I die. Which may be the same day.:D
Agreed it was titiled "I like guns". This isn't about hunting, it's just about if you like guns. I have several more that aren't hunting firearms, although I have several of those. If someome had said "I like hunting guns", I would have posted a pic of a shotgun or a 7mm Mag. (all locked in my gun safe}

I can understand why hunters would be very interested in the various types of guns. I don't understand why others would be, unless they were military or law enforcement folks. But that's just me. I have no problem with those who simply like guns. People are interested in all sorts of stuff that have no interest to me. 99% of divers have no interest in my shell collecting hobby-- and would also like to tar and feather me for it. I guess I could say shells--and collecting them-- don't kill people either.

I can understand why hunters would be very interested in the various types of guns. I don't understand why others would be, unless they were military or law enforcement folks. But that's just me. I have no problem with those who simply like guns. People are interested in all sorts of stuff that have no interest to me. 99% of divers have no interest in my shell collecting hobby-- and would also like to tar and feather me for it. I guess I could say shells--and collecting them-- don't kill people either.

Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens who know what they are doing do not kill people either. I'll bet some shell collectors have died because they weren't good divers. It's not the gear that kills, it's the fool operating it (guns, scuba, or anything else.)

Dude, WTF????

I can understand why hunters would be very interested in the various types of guns. I don't understand why others would be, unless they were military or law enforcement folks. But that's just me.

It isn't just you, it's many, many people who want to take away our 2nd amendment rights because they hang some false crap on guns are just about hunting. It's many, many people who have a lot of problems with basic rights and freedoms Americans enjoy who want to pick and choose which freedoms we can enjoy based on their fears, missunderstandings, political beliefs or personal agendas.

You say you don't understand it, so I'll help you help yourself with the issue. Gun ownership and hunting have very little to do with each other. 80% of gun owners in America do not hunt. So making any connection that gun ownership or discussions about guns must be related to hunters or hunting is a false belief with no basis of reality to gun ownership. Gun ownership and gun rights have almost nothing to do with hunting what-so-ever in America.

I guess I could say shells--and collecting them-- don't kill people either.

I think your last statement pretty much gives away your real feelings about gun ownership, no matter how much you want to disguise it by making statements pretending that gun discussions should be based on hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom