Australia killing sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE--------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 11:33 PM ----------

On Saturday WA Time at 10am there will be a protest at cottesloe beach - Divers are welcome to protest from the silent world, our bubbles will be seen, surfers on boards and the public on the beach. Any local divers here who are going to be attending?[/QUOTE]

Largest protest against culling/baiting sharks
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/693562804011821/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

We started killing sharks because killing kangaroos and emus was boring and a bit embarrassing seeing they are our national emblem. We thought about killing possums but found exporting them to NZ was a better strategy and payback for reminding us of the underarm bowling period (in joke between Aussies and Kiwi's).

I was going to vote for the "Lets allow miners to dump all their poisons in the sea" party last election but was advised by the WA government that it wasn't very tactful and they already do enough of that anyway. Better to use the current tactic of getting Fisheries & Wildlife to kill off the sharks and anything else they consider dangerous. It also justifies their existence and budget and distracts from government incompetence.

You are all probably not aware that divers and environmentalists don't matter and don't apparently vote either. Also they are incapable of putting up any real resistance thus not a problem.

Loved a shark once but the bitch had a hell of a love bite!

I have an idea, lets take the heat off the sharks, lets start culling politicians. Lets start a ground swell

:D :dork2:

Here also is the e-mail address of the top man in the fisheries department: "Baston, Minister" <Minister.Baston@dpc.wa.gov.au> Polite, well-thought out emails arguing against the drumlines and killing may help turn this around!

In plain words, totally f=cked up!! My sincere hope is that someone will find a way(not gonna be easy, by the looks of it) to cut those drum lines faster than 'they' can put them up ... Signed the petition, a while back, but to be honest, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in succeeding ... In the end, this is about money ... "And, after careful consideration of the concerns voiced by various groups, we have decided that in the interest of ..."

I find it funny that people have this knee jerk reaction. If you are in the water and you look like the food source of the creature below you then of course they will accidentally think your a big fat seal or something. Sharks don't attack humans on purpose they either do it because they think its food or are provoked in some way. The human dies from the massive loss of blood and shock that results from the attack. Its so sad to think that humans invade their territory and look like their food yet me choose to punish them.

Protest today had approx 4000 people turn out. Campaigners also projected images onto Parliament house and premiers office. Fights not over yet. If drum lines are set can guarantee we will be looking for them to remove them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom