some extension for manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kesser

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
I heard about some extension plugin to knob of mainfold thank to which diver doesn't have to reach behind his head to the valves.
I have a problem with my left arm after an accident but I am going to use twin in my dives. In standard configuration any (v,s) drill with left valve is imposible.
Thanks for any clues about this accesories.

They are called remote valve knobs or slobwinders. You can google it for images and links.

They were made by OMS but I believe they have been out of production for several years. I don't have shoulder problems... yet, but prefer valve-down anyway. This is a home-brew solution.

Attachments

• Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 107
  • LP-45 Front.jpg
    LP-45 Front.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 80
  • LP-45 Back.jpg
    LP-45 Back.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 110
Custom Divers still make/sell slob knobs: Remote Lead

Slob knobs are typically much more popular in Europe/UK than elsewhere in the globe. Even then, it's considered quite an 'old school' approach, primarily for those with shoulder problems and/or weak skills/training to enable uncomplicated access to the valves for shut-downs. Back when I was living in the UK, I heard many stories about slob knobs failing and breaking. Inverted twins was seen generally as a more coherent solutions... and, of course, nowadays you have the option of doing sidemount configuration (which is very easy for valve access).

Inverted Twins: Nigel's dive rig

I have one somewhere in my office....never did use it as i went to sidemount and then to rebreather. I'll have a look in the new year if you like

Thanks for the information. The idea was to determine the correct name of the solution, so I can look for it. Thanks Whitesands. Akimbo, I've just heard about OMS product and that it's not produced any more. DevonDiver thanks for the link to Custom Divers. Regarding turning the Twin upside down in my case it wouldn't work - my left hand is disabled.
kydaka thanks for the offer I have to find something closer to Poland :)
I test Sidemount but also due to the hand I have a problem with the holding gums. Other solutions such as the upper carabiner cause twisting of the cylinder which annoys me :).

This is the product name you're looking for however, it appears to be a discontinued item
'OMS Remote Valve Knob Assembly'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom