Hilton Curacao dive operation -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think one of the guys out at Trunkdivers in the Kokomo beach area may be SSI. I know they have a PDIC instructor there, but think they have an SSI as well. One of them occasionally posts here under the user name "Gustele."

Good luck, and enjoy Curacao.

Doesn't SSI allow any instructor from any organization to sign of the open water dives need for SSI? So SSI allows a PADI instructor to sign off the SSI paperwork? I have done this in the past.

Let me know how it works out. Otherwise we are more than willing to do the needed dives.

The other is Downtown Diving at the Tugboat site - about a 15min. drive from the Hilton. Unless they're a different operator nearby I am almost positive they shut down operations earlier this year also. In spite of their website still being online. - Downtown Diving Another post here indicated that it was now necessary to take tanks to dive the Tugboat since that happened. It's also a relatively easy shore entry - not boat only as they indicate on their website.
Steve,
DTD is back at the Tugboat site, but don't count on them early. We haven't seen them before 10 AM, so better contact them before you go there.
The diving there is still awesome.

DTD has been closed for years............

This is no longer the case. They have been absent for a while but the diveshop is once again operated by Down Town Diving for several months now. Just don't come too early. Most of the time before 10 AM the shop is not open.

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 11:41 AM ----------

I'm not 100% sure, but I think one of the guys out at Trunkdivers in the Kokomo beach area may be SSI. I know they have a PDIC instructor there, but think they have an SSI as well. One of them occasionally posts here under the user name "Gustele."

Good luck, and enjoy Curacao.

Trunkdivers nor Gustele (me) is SSI certified. I wouldn't know which operator is SSI in Curaçao. But as someone suggested, check with SSI if an instructor from another organization is allowed to sign off for the Open Water dives.
Another option is to start the Open Water course (Padi, Naui, PDIC, IDD) from scratch. In case you have to make 4 or 5 open water dives to complete the SSI-certification the cost is almost the same as starting from scratch.

Another great dive operator you could check out is Bas Harts Diving - their dives include pick up and drop off and they specialize in customizing your dive days.

---------- Post added January 9th, 2014 at 09:47 AM ----------

OOOOOOOOps - didn't read far enough - Bas Harts Diving was the precious poster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom