Questions about Diving Computers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some good info has already been given, so I'll add only my personal thoughts/advice: Don't get too wrapped up in the alerts/alarms.
Properly plan your dive and then dive that plan, monitor the info on your computer regularly/constantly and you will be ahead of the
alarms which may or may not be noticed anyway.

.......A better bet is to go to the Ediver website and take an on line course specific to his computer if they have one. .......
Our service Dive Computer Training does not include a class for the Sherwood Amphos ..... but we are preparing one for the Amphos Air. Additionally, the computer simulator for the Amphos Air is already available in divePAL Windows and divePAL iPad

Also, I would like to recommend to the OP to check out our online class Introduction to Dive Computers.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Couple that with the fact a typical dive computer has a lot of bells & whistles, so to speak, over & beyond what a lot of new OW divers need or are ready for, and many dive computers have unintuitive interfaces and from what I understand often poor manuals. I'm not familiar with his particular one.

Richard.

P.S.: Seems while I was typing other people answered better. Oh, well.

I forgot to mention that the Amphos Air is available in our eDiving simulator too.

ediving_sherwood_amphos_air.jpg

Go find whoever certified you as competent to dive and demand your money back.

kind of a way harsh reply Dr Lecter....o cranston; read the manual..alot of the questions you have appear to be for nitrox..If you are not certied for nitrox do not bother with the settings. Get certified for nitrox and ask the instructor to explain these settings to you.

Perhaps not the most tactful and a bit curt, but, I also found the initial post most frightening

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom