Moving to Boynton Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweaver40

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all you South East Florida Divers. I am moving to Boynton Beach next week and I am looking for some direction if you don't mind. I am also looking for dive buddies in the area.

What are the good active clubs that dive locally a fair amount? I will have a lot of time to dive for while until I go to school or back to work. Probably need to limit the number of commercial boat dives for a while until I am making money again.

I am interested in teaching and equipment servicing and I am certified for both but lack experience. Are there any shops around with a good reputation for working with new instructors and service techs? I am willing to intern free for a while under a master tech and act as an assistant instructor while I gain experience and credibility with the shop. I would prefer a shop with a tech program and I do have some tech training but I need a refresh at this point. I like Jupiter Dive Center but they seem like a fairly large operation and are well supplied with DMs and such so I am nor sure they need additional help. I am PADI, ANTDI and GUE fundamentals trained and would consider a cross over if it made sense to do so.

I would also like to try Kayak diving at some point it sounds like it would be fun and a good fit for the area.

Thanks so much.

Give Didier or Scott a call at Fill Express/Go Dive FL in Pompano Beach and they might be able to help you out. Home - Go Dive Florida Also, I just joined South FL Kayak Diving on meetup and there are members who sound very knowledgeable concerning general diving as well as kayak diving. I am sure they can help you out as well
. Welcome to South Florida and its world class diving. I will be back down at the end of the month if you're interested in getting a dive or two in... :) South Florida Kayak Diving (Deerfield Beach, FL) - Meetup

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2014 at 04:49 PM ----------

Also check out Go Dive Florida (Pompano Beach, FL) - Meetup You will notice that me, Scott, and a two others are diving the RBJ out of Pompano Feb. 2 with Capt. Conrad and Miss Conduct.

Welcome to the area.

In addition to what CT suggested, try Gold Coast and South Florida Beach Divers Meetup. Between those two you should be able to get in several beach dives a month/week. Also, look at Kayuba Club, like/friend them on facebook, they meet the first Monday of the month.

Almost forgot, look at Force E and Pura Vida, they both offer Blue Heron Bridge Night Dives each month. Sometimes on the same night and sometimes not. You will need to registrar for these ahead of time for a parking pass and waiver.

When the water gets nice be on the look out for the kayak dives offered both by South Florida Beach Divers (Tom) and The Kayak Meetup (Bob).

Through one of the meetups we have picnics once in a while, which would allow you to meet some divers in the area. We do pier clean ups through out the year, if that interests you; Dania, Laderdale by the Sea, Deerfield and Sunny Isles in Miami. I love pier clean ups, it gives you a peek at what is under the pier that you normally are not allowed under. There are also reef clean ups that can get you involved with others.

Thanks everyone. I just got down here a little over a week ago but the weather went bad. I know the water temp will still be nearly the same just have not got going yet. I definitely will check out the information you sent.
Thanks agin

Almost forgot, look at Force E and Pura Vida, they both offer Blue Heron Bridge Night Dives each month. Sometimes on the same night and sometimes not. You will need to registrar for these ahead of time for a parking pass and waiver.

Thanks for the recommendation! Here is where you can register for all our events, including the Free Blue Heron Bridge night dives.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom