Vacation in Playa del Carmen booked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Playacar (Playa del Carmen) between 10th - 25th January.

I am looking for some diving both Cenote, Reef and wreck.
I was in Tulum last year and had some great dives with Jamie at the Dreams Tulum which was great.

This time I am staying in a different resort and would like to get in touch with other divers who are there the same time (as I am single diver) and also some dive operators.

Best regards
Hogge

I’m friends with and can personally recommend Planet Scuba Mexico - Serving Puerto Aventuras, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel, and the Riviera Maya. They’re located in Puerto Aventuras (much closer to the cenotes), but one of the owners lives in Playacar and should be able to provide transportation. Completely new gear, very professional and knowledgeable. Tell them I sent you and they should be able to put together a special package for you. Also check out http://playascubaclub.com, a friend of mine runs that site and it’s just kind of a social/diving club in the area, you may be able to find a buddy or just a buddy for a drink :)

Has anyone dived at the Musa in Cancun (underwater sculptures outside Cancun)?
Is it worth a trip from PDC?

Which resort at you staying at in Playacar? Some resorts have pretty good dive operators.

If you want a small operation with boutique service look up "Beyond Diving". I did a week of diving with them last April and couldn't have asked for better service. State of the art rental gear too.

I've used Dave at Abyss for years in Playa. A+++ in every way.

Ditto for Dave & the Abyss. He's been teaching/diving in Playa for over 15 years and is an excellent & professional guide. He takes small groups so dives are relaxed & you never feel like he's rushing you through the dive. You can tell that he really enjoys diving himself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom