Seadoo/Seascooter help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I returned both of them to the service center in florida. I also just purchased a dolphin model seadoo scooter and have yet to try it out. I am unsure of the time it will take me to get the others back. Will post when I do. Thanks for the feedback guys/gals!

Hi

I dont know if this is any help to you guys but this is a email i recieved from ZAP today.

Hi, Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the seascooter. Daka, the manufacturer of the scooters, is taking over the servicing and parts. Their phone number is: 1800-756-2911. Thank you.

Yong Jiang
ZAP
tel: 1800-251-4555
email: yjiang@zapworld.com

The dolphin model worked great and the kids enjoyed it. No problems with this one.

Seadoo seascooter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 6 months being "repaired", Mrs Mares lost her cool :11:

When she complained to the LDS she was brushed of again, so she phoned the local consumer advice centre. She was told that with the information giving she was entitled to a refund as the scooter was "Not fit for its purpose", taking this info back to the LDS, They claimed it was flooded, it took them 6 months to figure this out, Or was it the call to consumer advice . Anyway........... Mrs Mares then gets the number of the repairer and contacts them direct, It turns out that the original Yellow seascooter has NOT got waterproof circut boards and the board in hers had corroded!! This is IMHO impossible, There was no water in the scooter after it had been used once in fresh open water to a Max depth of 6m, The Bat and its connecting terminals were fine when I striped it down after the dive, This was only the second time the scooter had been used

The Repairer then give Mrs Mares the details of the UK Distributer. This is were it gets really interesting.

After a conversation with him he offed to replace it with a new one, No question, The warranty would be extended by 6 months, Or Mr Mares could upgrade to a better version, either the GTI or VS supercharged if she paid the differance. With a full warrenty.

At this point I did a serach In the UK for the best price on a VS and the distrubuter matched that price minus the original perchase price. Oh and he offered free shipping :D

I got the scooter from a LDS I don't normally use, I would never use this LDS again.
The UK distributer has been excellent, Very Helpful. As well as taking care of this he is supplying a second VS for me at the same price :D Christmas has come early :eyebrow:

Lessons learned
1 Never stop complaining
2 know your rights
3 Go to the top if you have to!

I got a Sea Doo GTI for Christmas from my son. He bought it on eBay. Don't know what he paid for it, but it looks like a fun thing to play around with. We just have fresh water here in North Texas, so it won't be taking me too far out to tow back. The problem that I have is, it came out of the box with the left trigger broken.
I called Daka and they said I could send it in for repairs under warranty. Shipping would be about $30, which I would have to pay. The trigger costs $5.
Being basically cheap and pretty handy with most things, I figured why waste $25?
I ordered the $5 part, only to find out that they have a minimum charge of $15 for shipping. Now it is a $20 part.
Anyway, I get the part and dig out the scooter, figuring this will only take a few minutes and my scooter would be good as new. The problem is, I can't figure out how to get the rubber covering off of the handles without destroying it. It appears that the rubber has to come off so that I can open the handle up to replace the trigger.
Anybody had one of these things apart? If so, what simple thing am I overlooking?

Thanks,
Mike

From what I have seen of these units so far, they should not be considered reliable for true scuba use. As someone posted above, they make a good pool toy for the kids. I just hope no one plans a dive with one of these and is dependent on it to get them back to the up line.........

I just received the seadoo seascooter X (yellow/black) 3 speed dpv for Christmas. Looks like bad design of the o-ring seals from factory, new out of box. minor small leak builds up 2-3 tablespoons of water in battery compartment and the auto shut off sensor shuts down the unit 10 minutes into the dive. Dept 10-30 feet.

I then dried it out and put it in my pool to find where the leak was from. Out of the box new, the nose cone white o-ring leaks, and the dual red o-rings on the body for base of nose cone leaks.

Took weeks to find a sea-doo customer support person, and they want me to ship to california. Why, this must be a design flaw and for the cost, I expected it to work diving.

A little larger o-rings may fix the leaks, but unable to reach anyone at Sea-Doo for a quick (real fix)

I would not recommend purchasing this scooter. I especially would not recommend Sea Doo after this horrible experience with the manufacturer.

Could not submit warranty info on their website, and could not leave a voice mail to discuss with a person on the customer support phone tree that kept going in circles.

Very frustrating.

I can't be the only one with a leaky Sea Doo SeaScooter X.

Wish I could learn how to fix the problem since it handled really well for 10 minutes with 3 speeds underwater.

Buy it nice, or buy it twice -- not sure why it's so hard to figure out.

Buy it nice, or buy it twice -- not sure why it's so hard to figure out.

Maybe I am slow and don't quite understand the comment and its relevance to my expectation that a $750 dpv from Sea Doo should not have minor leaks in the o-ring seals area's out of the box.

Maybe I am slow and don't quite understand the comment and its relevance to my expectation that a $750 dpv from Sea Doo should not have minor leaks in the o-ring seals area's out of the box.

He's right. I bought a new one a couple of months ago. It's complete garbage. I used it once in the ocean. I gave it to my kids to use in the pool, that's about all it's good for. $700.00 wasted! And mine doesn't even
leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom